VOGONS

First post, by Mamba

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello all,
I want to share some images of my "new" dual S940 Platform.
K8N-DL
2xOpteron 285 with 2 Arctic Cooling freezer64
12Gbyte DDR ECC PC3200R
2 x Raptor 300GB RAID 0
GTX670
X-fi Xtreme Gamer

I used a HR-05 SLI a little modified to make room for the GTX670 and placed a 12cm Silverstone fan over it.
Still I think it is too hot, maybe becasue the case is very terrible (Thermaltake Urban S41, got for free).

I think there is room for optimization but I really don't know a thing about ECC RAM, maybe someone of you knows about those settings to speed up performances?

IMG_20171008_101446.jpg IMG_20171008_101457.jpg IMG_20171008_102136.jpg IMG_20171008_103126.jpg IMG_20171008_103835.jpg IMG_20171008_104321.jpg

Are those Cinebench and Unigine tests (at 2.93Ghz) consistent?

Immagine.jpg
unigine.jpg

Reply 1 of 7, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That system looks pretty nice.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 3 of 7, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Welcome to the SMP club where we have x2 the fun*
RAID setup as well, Nice! What OS you going with?
I usually go the other way with ECC and go all out and check everything, I paid for that error checking so I'm going to damn well use it!

*Actual fun levels are pretty much on par as single socket people

Reply 4 of 7, by Mamba

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank you!
I am with Win7 Ultimate 64bit
But actually I have the feeling that the system is somewhat not optimized. Are those Cinebench15 results normal with two Opty 285 near 3ghz??

Reply 5 of 7, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
chinny22 wrote:

*Actual fun levels are pretty much on par as single socket people

Until you start overclocking. Then it gets real fun or a real pain depending on who you ask.

Reply 6 of 7, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nice system! Though I feel a bit sorry for that radiator that's limboing under the fans 😳 Have you benched it with just one CPU to compare?

Off-topic, do you happen to have a high res version of your avatar pic? Been looking for a K6-3+ logo ...

Reply 7 of 7, by Mamba

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
JidaiGeki wrote:

Nice system! Though I feel a bit sorry for that radiator that's limboing under the fans 😳 Have you benched it with just one CPU to compare?

Off-topic, do you happen to have a high res version of your avatar pic? Been looking for a K6-3+ logo ...

Actually I have not tried to bench the single CPU, but I noticed that the Cinebench 15 result for a Q9400 is about 200 points, so maybe my results are coherent.

Fo the radiator (is the HR-05 SLI for the chipset), don't feel sorry, it's the best thing that could happen to the nforce chipset. The original was a terrible little one with a 4x4 fan.
Only thing is I have to make some holes in the plexyglass to make the fan breathe.

Oh, no high res logo, sorry...