VOGONS

First post, by tabm0de

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So i know there is gotek and SD HxC floppy emulators out there, i used gotek myself and cant complain on the functions.

But there is one thing that bothers me and that is it dont really "blend" in with the old retro style as i want.

So i started thinking about modding my current gotek some how, first thing i was thinking was to hide the display,usb and buttons underneath the cover that flips up when floppy is inserted.

Another mod that i was thinking about was to have a "half" way inserted floppy that had the display, usb and buttons built in. which i later found that users have done a extended bord for gotek for amiga. I realized after seening the images that it still wouldn't look as good as it should.

Then i remembered that " SD HxC floppy emulators" excisted which uses sd card instead of usb, and that some one modded a floppy drive to work as a sd card reader, more info regarding the floppy drive card reader mod can be found:

https://www.thinkcomputers.org/case-mod-frida … 995-ibm-aptiva/
https://imgur.com/gallery/A9Ekr

So i decided to think about using "SD HxC floppy emulator", sd extender witch will be connected to the floppy drive so i dont need to mod the SD HxC floppy emulator to much 😉 also extending the led to the led part of the floppy drive.

There is only one part that i still havnt figured out, the floppy eject button will still be eject button for the floppy that holds the sd card, but i need to place the button for changing to next disk/image some where 😉 so if anyone has any ides please give it 😉

Last edited by tabm0de on 2017-10-17, 20:01. Edited 1 time in total.

naa, nothing yet...

Reply 1 of 1, by tabm0de

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I decided to use My current Gotek and just add micro sd to usb in the usb interface and then mod a micro sd to sd cable adapter.

Already started on the floppy and drive part until cable arrives 😀

Attachments

naa, nothing yet...