VOGONS

First post, by DeafPK

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello again, good folks. I decided to try something new and made a video describing my journey of restoring a rather ordinary desktop computer of the late nineties. Or it's kind of one of the last of its form factor and branding (from what I know).

Not like anything pro and probably full of inaccurate rants, but I think it was fun. Maybe I'll get on with another vid about my 5155, it needs maintenance and a good clean-up. We'll see.

https://youtu.be/iW4Fz2SVDNU

"an occasional fart in their general direction would provide more than enough cooling" —PCBONEZ

Reply 2 of 6, by DeafPK

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I admit the video is too long. Newb mistake, I guess 😉

It is not retrobrighted, no, I painted it..

"an occasional fart in their general direction would provide more than enough cooling" —PCBONEZ

Reply 3 of 6, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

Wow, this nice paint, I know i quickly went through the video from a phone, but still that looks like a new system from the front panel.

Reply 4 of 6, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That's a nice PC. Do you by any chance have a Voodoo 1 card? If so could you run a 5' thing to help me troubleshoot mine? (Troubleshooting Voodoo1 on a pure DOS Pentium1)

Reply 5 of 6, by DeafPK

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Unfortunately I don't own one. Yet. Really want it, or at least try one just to see how good the graphics would look.

I read your thread. Have you tried folding a paper and rub it inside the PCI connector? Tried re-seating the riser and cleaning out the riser connector aswell? I can't believe there should be compatability issues with such a widespread chipset and likewise graphics card.

Reply 6 of 6, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Me neither and I really don't want to spam your thread. Of course I've re-seated and cleaned everything, but as I wrote there, other cards (also voodoo 2s) work in the same 2 PCI slots.
I'm starting to believe that I'm experiencing a very rare incompatibility with something or a very specific malfunction. Anyways, if you ever get a V1 give it a try please for me. Thanks for the response!