VOGONS

First post, by Scubs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ODwilly wrote:

Also DFI has a fantastic reputation for build quality.

They also have a strong rep for being buggy and problematic. Or atlest that was the case with lanparty boards. But DFI dose really nice industrial boards.

Its probably a rather nice system to game on. Even if the parts are more on the meh side, but my retro system is full of meh parts too. 😀

@Radical Vision
Some nice systems you got there, but why the OEM cases?

Admin edit: Off topic discussion split off

Reply 1 of 3, by Radical Vision

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Scubs wrote:
They also have a strong rep for being buggy and problematic. Or atlest that was the case with lanparty boards. But DFI dose real […]
Show full quote
ODwilly wrote:

Also DFI has a fantastic reputation for build quality.

They also have a strong rep for being buggy and problematic. Or atlest that was the case with lanparty boards. But DFI dose really nice industrial boards.

Its probably a rather nice system to game on. Even if the parts are more on the meh side, but my retro system is full of meh parts too. 😀

@Radical Vision
Some nice systems you got there, but why the OEM cases?

I found some OEM cases to be very very good to build inside them. They are very solid that is my NO 1 criteria to be well build and massive, and the Compaq cases are very solid, also the HP XW series or Proliant.
I did have Cooler Master cases they did feel way softer then the OEM cases... I pretty much like the HP XW case is very solid and it look really nice and it have plenty of space inside to fit all the parts...
And for original old builds the white Compaq cases like this one seems really good choice for me..

Mah systems retro, old, newer (Radical stuff)
W3680 4.5/ GA-x58 UD7/ R9 280x
K7 2.6/ NF7-S/ HD3850
IBM x2 P3 933/ GA-6VXD7/ Voodoo V 5.5K
Cmq P2 450/ GA-BX2000/ V2 SLI
IBM PC365
Cmq DeskPRO 486/33
IBM PS/2 Model 56
SPS IntelleXT 8088

Reply 3 of 3, by Radical Vision

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah they are, and this is the most important thing for me to determined what case is good or not, same in my main system, this is the criteria i did choose my case, and i ended up getting Fractal Define XL R2. Cooler Master Cosmos II was other choice, but it did cost way too much, so the choice was easy. I did also like very much the Silverstone Raven series, specially raven 01, Raven 03 and raven 05, but they are too much plastic, and too light, overall if i forget about the weight of the raven series, they look great, and the cooling performance is one of the very best..

The new HP, DELL cases and workstations are total crap, when it comes to case and parts inside, they are like case for cheese...

Attachments

• IMG_1648.jpg
    Filename
    IMG_1648.jpg
    File size
    195.6 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Thin case for chesee..
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Mah systems retro, old, newer (Radical stuff)
W3680 4.5/ GA-x58 UD7/ R9 280x
K7 2.6/ NF7-S/ HD3850
IBM x2 P3 933/ GA-6VXD7/ Voodoo V 5.5K
Cmq P2 450/ GA-BX2000/ V2 SLI
IBM PC365
Cmq DeskPRO 486/33
IBM PS/2 Model 56
SPS IntelleXT 8088