VOGONS

First post, by Formulator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Quick restore of this system. Cleaned up well, no major issues. Replaced original CD drive, added NEC-1157C 5.25 FDD. Original CPU fan clips had broken off as well.

PCchips M912 v1.7
Cyrix DX2v66
Holtek VIO3B-V1 VLB Multi-I/O
Diamond SpeedStar VGA Rev.4
Creative CT2920
WD Caviar 2420
TEAC CD-524E

OU4s2Ly.jpg

Akc7JUB.jpg

wipT1Pp.jpg

EIxfiTd.jpg

Reply 1 of 8, by Zorix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Looks great. Loved those 90s towers. That monitor looks a lot like my first monitor, which I still have, the AverView 11D SVGA. Also, thought about putting a GoTek floppy drive emulator in it?

Reply 2 of 8, by AlaricD

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You're gonna need some cache! Lookit all those empty cache sockets!

"The Big Bang. The ultimate hero of low frequency. The divine intergalactical bass drum connecting the tribes of our solar system."
Yello
"Solar Driftwood"

Reply 3 of 8, by squiggly

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Formulator wrote:
Quick restore of this system. Cleaned up well, no major issues. Replaced original CD drive, added NEC-1157C 5.25 FDD. Origina […]
Show full quote

Quick restore of this system. Cleaned up well, no major issues. Replaced original CD drive, added NEC-1157C 5.25 FDD. Original CPU fan clips had broken off as well.

EIxfiTd.jpg

That keyboard screams XT!

Last edited by squiggly on 2018-03-12, 22:23. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 8, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

nice!
+1 for the cache addition
also my 233mmx build uses the same BabyAT tower 😁

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 5 of 8, by AlaricD

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
squiggly wrote:
Formulator wrote:

(tons of pics)

Please don't quote all those pics, which are just TWO posts above your reply, it just makes it scroll city for the rest of us.

"The Big Bang. The ultimate hero of low frequency. The divine intergalactical bass drum connecting the tribes of our solar system."
Yello
"Solar Driftwood"

Reply 6 of 8, by Formulator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Zorix wrote:

Looks great. Loved those 90s towers. That monitor looks a lot like my first monitor, which I still have, the AverView 11D SVGA. Also, thought about putting a GoTek floppy drive emulator in it?

Thanks. This monitor is the AcerView 34T UVGA. I am not sure how it compares to yours. In all honesty I just grabbed the closest VGA monitor off the shelf for the picture. As for the GoTek, I do have one, but in another system.

keropi wrote:

nice!
+1 for the cache addition
also my 233mmx build uses the same BabyAT tower 😁

Yes, I expect to add cache soon. I am not too crazy about the case design, but it works well enough. It could also use a badge.

Reply 7 of 8, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That's funny. I had a friend who had the exact same case and the same IBM AT model F keyboard...only his system has a 386DX-40.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 8 of 8, by Haugst3d

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi

Whats the brand and model of the enclosure?

I have an identical IO controller, but it is causing some issues. What jumper settings did you use? I have floppy working, but always get 'HDD controller failure' at boot.