User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
keropi wrote:
^ ah thanks for that I had no idea what it was […]
Show full quote

^ ah thanks for that I had no idea what it was

here is a better picture , I wonder what's the deal with J4, looks like it is connected to some ISA pins

D84ia7Vl.jpg

That card looks brilliant. How is it for sound quality and compatibility?

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 41 of 67, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ it's allright... obviously OPL3 is no issue and SB-PRO compatibility is fine BUT it could not play correctly Duke Nukem 2 sfx: it starts by playing most of them, then goes silent and then at some random point the game freezes. No issues with a real CT-1600.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 42 of 67, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yup, that card is fine. I think i've got the same in one of my 286es.
It can be configured for SB 2.0 and SP Pro compatibility.
MIDI can be enabled/disabled, too.

In the 286. I use the IDE/ATAPI connector for a second CF card.
To make that possible without using XTIDE Universal BIOS,
I use a driver package named "4 HDD".
http://oldcomputer.info/hacks/4hdd/index.htm

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 43 of 67, by aleksej

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
tabm0de wrote:
I could be wrong but i belive it would work if you get the 5A version, normally whit usb disk connectores comes with 2.5A. […]
Show full quote
aleksej wrote:

Powering to work alone, without passive backplane. Keep in mind that regular power adaptors with molex like this one not providing enough power for it.

I could be wrong but i belive it would work if you get the 5A version, normally whit usb disk connectores comes with 2.5A.

The PCA-6751 specs says:

[*] Power Consumption Max : 5 V @ 5 A
Typical : 5 V @ 2.5 A (128 MB DRAM)[/b][/list]

I just came accross a some thing like this in swedish site: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Phobya-Power-Adapter … t/dp/B003TRT7FA

It could be just good to test cards, not as retro deskcomputer since you cant run anything els 😀

Yeah, Phobya produce four versions - 24W, 34W, 70W, 90W. Last two might be suitable in theory. Also, i see majority of deals located in Europe.

Reply 44 of 67, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Heads up.. 4-slot IPC case for only $75 shipped. Has a 3.5" bay in the front which is nice for something like a Gotek.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https … %2F222598345755

I bought one since they're hard to find. Needs a backplane though. I found a 4-ISA backplane brand new for $29 on Mouser. Or you could also install a PCI/PISA backplane too.

My Github
Circuit Board Repair Manuals

Reply 45 of 67, by tabm0de

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Was one Acrosser AR-IPC3SP today on ebay, was up for like 20min 😀

Costed way to much for shipping to Sweden. Was 44 for the box and 229 for shipping hehe

naa, nothing yet...

Reply 46 of 67, by aleksej

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
wiretap wrote:

Heads up.. 4-slot IPC case for only $75 shipped. Has a 3.5" bay in the front which is nice for something like a Gotek.

I bought one since they're hard to find. Needs a backplane though. I found a 4-ISA backplane brand new for $29 on Mouser. Or you could also install a PCI/PISA backplane too.

Dude, you made me nervous. This deal was in my watch list for long time and i was hope no one find it a little more time and i planning to buy it in the end of the month. Now you opened it and then i was forced to ran in the middle of the night to the nearest ATM to charge my card and change my shopping plans. 😵 🤣 And now i got one too, just a little earlier than I wanted to. 😎

Yeah, this is CLM-903S, it require 170x90mm backplane.

Reply 47 of 67, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
aleksej wrote:
wiretap wrote:

Dude, you made me nervous. This deal was in my watch list for long time and i was hope no one find it a little more time and i planning to buy it in the end of the month. Now you opened it and then i was forced to ran in the middle of the night to the nearest ATM to charge my card and change my shopping plans. 😵 🤣 And now i got one too, just a little earlier than I wanted to. 😎

Yeah, this is CLM-903S, it require 170x90mm backplane.

Sorry 🤣 I searched all day for one and randomly came across it and figured I'd share it.

My Github

Reply 49 of 67, by aleksej

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

One more shorty.
57.jpg 58.jpg 59.jpg
RadioShack Mini Amplifier / Speaker.
60.jpg 61.jpg 62.jpg
Very compact, match to all our retro beige big and small things. It can be powered by one usual 9V battery or 9V DC adaptor.
It sounds... well.... like a shit. Big hissy shit. And it is mono with mono input, and need mono source. With stereo source only left channel plays. Anyway, i like it.

Also, someone ask me about Bios version on my PCA-6740, it says - very strange to see (on System Speed Test screenshot) Award/Phoenix Bios v6.0 suitable for PIII era on 486-like mobo.
63.jpg
Yes, it driven by Award Modular Bios v6.00PG

Reply 51 of 67, by aleksej

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't know about any general differences between 4.51 and 6.00 versions, only can say that mobo has ability to boot from CD-ROM, ZIP and LS120 drives. Non-typical feature for 486 class motherboard.

Reply 52 of 67, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You could ask Advantech what the differences are. They're extremely helpful and always have provided me with quick answers when I call their technical support. They have a good engineering staff with pretty thorough documentation.

My Github

Reply 53 of 67, by aleksej

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I already asked them (for onboard video issues). With my "runglish" they recognized me as russian resident and transfered my question to their russian support. "Greetings" in Tralfamadorian has been much more informative than our conversation.

Reply 55 of 67, by tabm0de

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So I finally got some sbc’s and The first case.

Question is, do I need a fan in the case or not?

I added picture one with and one without

Attachments

naa, nothing yet...

Reply 56 of 67, by tabm0de

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I might just get a 80mm and mount it directly to the case without the big metallic holder if it is needed.

It’s like it was mentioned before the pca-6751 does get hot, also I’m unsure if I will use that sbc because of screen configuration is need so using a screen whit high resolution will just make the vga games show as a small screen and with black boarders 😒

naa, nothing yet...

Reply 57 of 67, by aleksej

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
tabm0de wrote:

I might just get a 80mm and mount it directly to the case without the big metallic holder if it is needed.

For first test it with no fan and chassis cover closed. Just run DOOM and left it in their cycled demo playing mode for hours or whole 24-hour marathon - this is the best. No lockups - your luck.

tabm0de wrote:

It’s like it was mentioned before the pca-6751 does get hot, also I’m unsure if I will use that sbc because of screen configuration is need so using a screen whit high resolution will just make the vga games show as a small screen and with black boarders 😒

Very strange. I never discovered that issue with my PCA-6751 especially and C&T 6xxxx video chips in general. What display do you use with it?
Here you may see i using my PCA-6751 with CRT monitor. Pure DOS. War never been so much fun in their fullscreen VGA glory. 😉

Reply 58 of 67, by tabm0de

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sadly IM using it with a tft screen. I’m been trying the different settings and I will always get borders depending on resolution of games, vga/svga.

I putted in a ATI Graphics Ultra ISA MACH8 that works good without any doing settings 😉

naa, nothing yet...