VOGONS

P133 Revival

Topic actions

First post, by greenflannel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings,

I have been collecting parts over the last couple of years to bring back to life an old Pentium 133 system. And I am happy to have my first post be about this computer running again!

Specs:
Standard issue beige box mid tower
Intel Pentium 133 (Socket 7)
96MB RAM
40GB HDD
Micron branded Socket 7 motherboard (unsure of exact model)
3.5" floppy drive (works)
5.25" floppy drive (works)
Riva TNT2 M64 16MB PCI video card
And of course an IBM Model M keyboard

Most of these parts were found at thrift stores. The Model M and 5.25 floppy came from a coworker (I work in IT, so I get to work with other nerds which is nice).

I need to install an OS on here, but I'm just glad to have it running. It needed a new CMOS battery, and I gave all of the parts a good blast of air to dust them off. I will add pictures soon.

Reply 1 of 3, by greenflannel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Some pictures of the setup.

20180823_152138.jpg
Filename
20180823_152138.jpg
File size
667.56 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Attachments

• 20180823_153250.jpg
    Filename
    20180823_153250.jpg
    File size
    1.03 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 3, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nice! Looks good, like new! 😁
I've got a P133, too. It's about the fastest setup that doesn't cause the division through zero issue in Turbo Pascal programs yet.
Like you, I've got an 5.25" floppy dirve installed there (my has got a handle, though, no button).

PS: Welcome at Vogons!

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 3 of 3, by Cobra42898

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That's awesome for a P1 system. No bios issues running that hard drive on there I presume? Windows 95b or c for the fat32 drivers at a minimum, if not win98se. I always wonder how people find these machines out there. Sadly so many have been scrapped over nothing, or one minor correctable problem. Keep it running!

Searching for Epson Actiontower 3000 486 PC.