First post, by CrFr
I haven't introduced myself yet. And what would be better way to do that, than to show my collection 😀
All these machines have been part of my life since they were new. None of them are fleamarket finds, all bought brand new to our household. They had been stored away for years, until recently I got enough room to set them up again.
Let's start with my least favorite system, the IBM ThinkCentre 8183. I don't even have OS installed on this at the moment. Still wondering should I go with Windows 98 or 2000.
- Pentium 4 3.2GHz
- 2GB Ram
- 512GB SSD 😀
- Geforce FX 5500
- Aureal Vortex 2
- 20" 1600x1200 IBM Thinkvision L201p
- And a keyboard that is capable of dialing the stargate 🤣 I guess it is hebrew. Original keyboard and mouse went to bin at some point, because they had become quite worn and gross.
Then the most used and upgraded system, IBM Aptiva 2134-361. Currently, the setup is:
- Pentium 166 MHz
- 256kB L2 cache module
- 128MB Ram
- 8GB SSD + 40GB HDD
- LG DVD drive
- Sound Blaster AWE64 Gold
- SMC Etherpower II network
- Creative Labs Graphics Blaster EXXTREME 4MB
- Roland Sound Canvas SC-88VL
- IBM T84 18" 1280x1024 TFT. Original monitor was lost at some point.
- Win 95 OSR2
Last but not least, my favorite machine. IBM PS/2 P70. This is the first computer I have ever used. I think it was year 89 or 90, when my father got this as his work computer. It was capable gaming machine too, if you don't mind the PC speaker sounds only. This year I bought OPL3LPT to upgrade the sound. Also bought Cyrix 486DRx2 to upgrade the original 386 20MHz processor to better handle the extra load from that OPL. This and the Aptiva are machines that I will never let go, no matter what.
- Cyrix 486DRx2 25/50 (thank you kixs for this)
- 6MB Ram
- 60MB ESDI hard drive
- OPL3LPT and Inifinity speakers from IBM
- IBM DOS 5.0 in finnish