I had one like this back in the 1990's.
There seem to be a few versions of it.

Attachments

Reply 3 of 6, by SirNickity

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Would work great with a Slot 1 processor with a big old passive HS on it, and a PSU with a 120mm fan on the bottom.

The 2nd from last pic looks a lot like my InWin case. 😀 I have the thinner variant, PSU on top, and the triangular notch with the LEDs and buttons tucked in to the right of the 3.5" bays. Mine has a 32X LG CD-ROM in it, just like that 48X above. They could be twins. 😀 Those are really good cases. Well built, easy to work on. Not a huge fan of the drive rails though.

Reply 4 of 6, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've never seen an A500 with a round power button before. I was wondering if it was a later one or not, but it doesn't seem to have front mounted USB ports yet.

The first ever ATX motherboard I ever saw was in an A500. It was a P166 classic. Probably an HX motherboard.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 6 of 6, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Poulton wrote:

Looks like the pictures are a little messed up. 1 and 3 is the Inwin A500, 2 and 4 idk.

Ah, that makes more sense now and why I removed my last post in this thread to avoid confusion. Anyway, as far as pics 1 & 3, I did do a sleeper build with that case. I had picked up about a half dozen NIB IW-A500s in the Great Pentium Pro Haul of 2018. As far as the side mounted PSU I have had zero problems with a low profile Noctua CPU HSF being mounted nearby. I detailed the build in my private Discord channel. Everything runs at excellent temps with some innovative fan placement and no structural case modification was needed. I scanned in the case diagram that shipped with it. The best feature of the IW-A500 is the slide-out motherboard tray. It's a solid, well built ATX case.

A number of NIB IW-A500 cases have been selling on Reddit out of Houston, TX recently. A little too pricey for my taste, but thanks to Vogons member Dragon Caesar for the tip.