First post, by gex85
It has been a few months now since I put together this build, so I thougt I'd start sharing a few specs and pictures.
Whenever I find some time I will continue sharing my other builds as well.
- Tyan Trinity 100AT (S1590S) mainboard with VIA MVP3 chipset with the patched "Steunebrink BIOS"
- AMD K6-2+ (!) 550 MHz CPU, overclocked to 600 MHz, 2.1V VCore (default is 2.0V)
- 384 MB SD-RAM (3x 128 MB)
- 3dfx Voodoo 3 3500 TV AGP graphics card
- Creative Sound Blaster AWE 64 Gold
- Terratec DMX XFire 1024 PCI sound card
- 3com Ethernet card
- Not sure about what HDD and ODD I put in, will edit this later
- IOmega Zip 100 IDE drive
It's running Windows 98 SE obviously. For DOS titles I boot directly to DOS via customized config.sys and autoexec.bat configurations (no separate installation).
A very stable and enjoyable build. I am not quite happy with how the ribbon cables are cramped between the V3 and the PSU, but there's not much I can do about it. The term "cable management" wasn't invented back in the day. The Voodoo has a fan mounted to the heatsink for active cooling, which I hope should be sufficient.
1992 - i486DX2-66 // 1997 - P1-233 MMX // 1998 - P2-350 // 2000 - P3-650 // 2001 - Athlon 1400 // 2003 - Athlon XP 3200+ // 2008 - Xeon E5450 // 2015 - Xeon E3-1240v5