CPU3: AMD Opteron Model 850
RAM: 8GB / 16x Corsair CMX512RE-3200LLPT
HDCTRLR: 3ware 9500S-12 with Corsair CMXSD512-3200LL
RAID5: 12x Western Digital WD740GD
GPU: Sapphire RADEON X800 XT PE
CRT: VEC/Mitsubishi Diamond Pro® 2070SB-BK
Display2: Barco Cine 9 and 135" StudioTek 130 - Luxus Deluxe ScreenWall
SPU: Creative Labs Audigy 4 Pro

And no... it's not my employer's. Though it might as well be... 93 days without going home and counting.

Reply 2 of 4, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Such things should be allowed to exists!

* MiniMax comforts his little Shuttle *

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 4, by ribbon13

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Latest graphics machine upgrade

HDCTRL1: 3ware 9500S-4LP
RAID0: 4x M-Systems FFD-25-UATA-8192-A w/ SATA converters.
GPU: 3dLabs Wildcat Realizm 200
SPU: ESI Juli@

And finally.. my NDA is less restricted, and this project has shipped. If the tech demo is well recieved, MoMII will no long be vaporware, and Stardock can kiss my ass. That's all I'm allowed to say. :p

Reply 4 of 4, by Derag

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

HATE! HATE!! 😜

Oh GREAT you got a Wildcat Realizm! Can you tell me how that baby kills in modern games (HL2, Farcry, Doom3), maybe some benchmarks from 3DMark 2003&5 (and 2001 just for fun)? Also, what are the technical specs (aside from having 512MB of ram)? Memory speed, core clock, fillrate, memory bandwidth in GB/s, number of pixel and vertex pipelines, etc. I've been wondering about how well those things work in games, and about their specs, but I have not been able to find anything on them.

Well...I guess it wouldn't be a very accurate measurement of the video card given that the rest of that system...it kind of makes up for any deficiencies, if there are any. Still, I would love to know the indepth specs of that card. The data sheet on their website doesn't give the details I'm looking for.

Edit: I finally found good benchmarks on the performance of those 3DLabs cards in games.
http://www.anandtech.com/printarticle.aspx?i=2307

Damn...I was really hoping that the Realizms would be good in gaming (yeah it's a workstation card...but eh), but it looks like they suck for HL2 and even for Doom 3. 🙁