VOGONS

2003 Dream PC project

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 23, by God Of Gaming

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

if I'm not mistaken athlon XP has fixed multi, only the mobile XP-M had unlocked multi? So if the multi is higher, I won't need to push the fsb as much to get a good oc?

1999 Dream PC project | 2001 Dream PC project | 2003 Dream PC project

Reply 22 of 23, by God Of Gaming

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

2nd WD 36gb Raptor that I bought with the refund from the first one, arrived today, this one seems to be working fine, hd sentinel detects 100% health and 530 days power-on time. Interestingly, this new one is not being detected on my main PC where I tried to test it first, unlike the previous one I can feel this one spinning up, it just isnt detected. But an older core 2 quad PC detected it fine. Probably since it's an early sata 1 hdd, what's more using ide to sata bridge internally, I guess it doesn't like modern sata 3 controllers. Well, let's hope it works on the 2003 pc's built in Silicon Image sata controller, will be a shame if I have to add a pci controller 😀

p.s. I now have basically everything I need to complete the build. I won't be home till monday so I'll build it then. I only lack two more 250gb HDDs so its 4 in total to fill all the 3.5" slots, a 2003 floppy drive, and a properly working 2003 dvd drive (I think it has to be plextor px-708a as those were supposedly best 2003 dvd burners, but I bought 3 of these and all 3 came broken 🙁 )

1999 Dream PC project | 2001 Dream PC project | 2003 Dream PC project