First post, by Psquare75
So I rescued this 6 or 7 years ago
(see here 'New' 386 build CMOS battery help?)
and I'm finally doing something with it.
AMD 386DX 40
Trident 9000 VGA card
So far I've done the following to get it going
- Removed USR Speedster modem
- Removed CDROM controller card (I'm going to reuse my old soundblaster pro - Creative drive)
- Reseated the VGA card (prior to this it would not boot... 2 long beeps + 8 short beeps.. saw the solution here on Vogons elsewhere)
- installed a 5.25" floppy drive I had hanging around. I've had limited success booting from it. DISK BOOT FAILURES. My copy of JET 'half' booted and a booter of Pinball wouldn't do anything.
- found the HDD settings online for the originally installed Seagate drive. The computer booted. It was an old travel kiosk for a local pharmacy (since closed)
- Added a CF - IDE adapter with a 2gb card. For now I used the 2GB card I use successfully in my Tandy 1000 with an XT-IDE card, loaded with MS-DOS 6.22
I'm having trouble with that last one. The bios has USER 47 settings where I can enter my own. I sorta winged my own settings to get 2000MB.
The CF card however would not boot.
So it's good that the BIOS can to 2000MB, right? theoretically, this should work?
Insert Witty Sig Here.
Tandy 1000SX - #XTIDElife
386DX-40mhz in progress