VOGONS

First post, by RedCharles

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

About a month or two ago I bought a Falcon Northwest Fragbox. It was unmolested. Came with the original buildsheet, mousepad, folder, recovery disc, original box, etc. I thought it was a pretty good deal. Still hoping to find something they built around the year 2000.

It ran at 65db at idle. Got a let people at the LAN know the power that's inside. I couldn't stand how loud it was so I started molesting it. Saved all the original stuff. Got it down to 45db at idle.

The CPU paste so fossilized that when I tried take off the heatsink, the CPU just came with it. And of course it launched when I separated it. Straightened the pins with magnifying glass and an xacto. And everything works.

Attachments

Reply 3 of 7, by chrismeyer6

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

They were quite a common site at lan parties back in the day. I remember going to quite a few back in highschool and at least a few people had these systems. Man I miss the days of old school lan parties ah the good ole days

Reply 4 of 7, by Errius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Right, good times. Everybody getting broadband killed them.

“Your mission is to attack and destroy the Apple Computer manufacturing plant. You are allotted 35 bombs and 60 lasers."