First post, by RetroSpector78
My AMD 486 DX4 100MHz build.
Love the midi-tower case....
Part list :
- AMD 486 DX4 100MHz CPU (8kb L1 cache)
- ChainTech 486SPM motherboard (256kb L2 cache)
- 16 MB RAM
- Seagate 545.5MB ST3660A hard drive
- Creative Soundblaster Vibra16 CT2260 ISA sound card
- S3 Virge DX 86c375 PCI video card
- 3COM Etherlink III 3c509 ISA networking card
- Philips CM260 single speed cdrom drive
- Misumi 5.25inch 1.2mb floppy drive
- Sony 3.5 inch 1.44mb floppy drive
Would love to run some benchmarks on it ... is there a particular format / list of benchmarks / online site that people tend to use and upload results with these types of systems ?
I have Phils ComputerLabs DosBench so I could run that, but was wondering where people tend to share and compare results
Used this S3 PCI card as this should be fairly compatible with all DOS games. Think in terms of speed this is about as much performance as you'll get from a system like this.
Would love to have had the 16kb version (or an Intel DX4 to compare but this will have to do....)
Modern 486 motherboard. No Varta battery crap. Clean & simple
Soundblaster with Yamaha OPL chip
SpeedSys 4.78 = 37.55
TopBench 3.8 = 192
3dbench 1.0c = 57.9 fps
PC Player Benchmark = 15.8 fps
Doom Max Detail = 34 fps
Quake timedem = 11 fps