First post, by tabm0de
After been hoarding too much stuff, I decided to sell all computer parts that were just lying around which I haven't been using after purchasing and testing them.
With that funding, I decided to build myself a brand NEW 486 with dos/win 3.1, just to have some project to do under these times that we are having.
I am not going after that the need to be produced at a specific time window, as long they are compatible with the build and are NEW or NOS.
Parts that is needed:
[*] Crt monitor ( 486 can but should not be connected to a flatscreen! )
- New inbox ADI MicroScan V57, 15" 1280x1024 ( i also did purchases "Gateway 17" CRT Flatscreen Monitor VX765" https://www.ebay.com/itm/293808880831 which was in RMC youtube video, the reason for the purchases after the ADI is because the ebay seller got ahold of a new batch, also it don't really match the build since it is black hehe )
[*] AT computer case
- There isn't many brand new at cases to be found on ebay, so i went with the one that look nices and had the digital display which is a must for me, i do say i have feelt better quality of cases but this will do
[*] PSU (the only place where I draw a line to use a new-made atx PSU with atx to at adapter ( one with -5V )
- Temporary using a new Kolink SFX-450 / 450 Watt / 80+ Bronze with atx to at adapter, this one will be changed along the way since I want it modularly so I can have a short atx cable and skip the sata/pci-e connectors.
- Found brand new UC 4913 boards with cache inbox ( yes bought two just to be sure ) which have two VLB, the good thing with those is they only support an external battery with a connector so I didn't need to be worried about any corrosion.
- I am not sure yet what to use, i have unboxed ODPR dx2 66 or ODPR pentium 83 for socket 3.
- Purchased 4x4MB new made 30pin memory from Tiido at Amibay a year ago that I never used until now 😀
[*] Video card
- Ordered a new oem Tseng Labs ET4000AX ISA, yes isa, new Tseng VLB is hard to find nor do I think it will be cheep if they do appear on ebay 😁
- Bought some VLB from a site after seeing the VWestlife youtube video regarding $5 ISA graphics card
- NOS oem Creative AWE 64 gold
- NOS Nec CDR-C251 4x4 CD Changer
- New sony 3.5" drive, sadly white but i might just change the front if i found a good match. no need for 5.25" for now but i do have a slot to fill out..
- Bulk of 5 41.1GB ide drives brand new from 2005, to much space which won't be used but at least its not ide to cf.
[*] Disk tray ( just for easy access to hard drive )
- Nothing special here just a cheap disk tray to be able o get out the disk without opening the case.
[ ] ... if i forget something
( this will problebly be edited 100 times 😉 )
naa, nothing yet...