VOGONS

Reply 20 of 39, by his.lordship

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Hezus wrote on 2022-01-25, 07:09:
his.lordship wrote on 2022-01-24, 21:16:

Hi,
The password that i found only and used to access the bios was lambkeoghs it worked and since i unlocked it, it has been working ever since, one thing i wonder how does this machine keep track of bios settings, there is no cr2032 and when the power cord its connected its keeps settings, i suspect the blue cap. I also remember reading in the post where i found the password something about it being universal, anyway hope it works. regards.

In the TC100 the cmos battery is inside the Dallas clock chip. When I first got the PC I had to replace it to get the system to work at all.

Hi ,
I dont see one on my, i mean is it the thingy next to network port in your picture?, In my unit i think that is a relay that old network cards use and i dont think it is removable.

Reply 21 of 39, by kvanderlaag

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
his.lordship wrote on 2022-01-24, 21:16:

I dont see one on my, i mean is it the thingy next to network port in your picture?, In my unit i think that is a relay that old network cards use and i dont think it is removable.

That's a filter for the Davicom ethernet chip, yes. At the very least on my TC-II, there is no discrete RTC or battery. The ALi M1487/M1489 chipset combo has a built-in RTC that I think these things are set up to use, but if there's some sort of rechargeable power source integrated in it, mine is totally dead. I've got mine set to retrieve the time from the network on boot, and that's about as well as I've managed to do so far.

Reply 22 of 39, by lemonlime

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry to revive an inactive thread, but wanted to put this here in case anyone was looking to learn more about these Boundless TC systems. I did a video recently on turning my TC325 into a DOS gaming rig:

https://youtu.be/rEsNgvNyFKw

There is information there about the hardware components, how the UNSILENT application works as well as how to do an RTC battery mod (which I haven't done yet).

Since doing the video, I have had some success getting an Award BIOS for the ALi M1486/M1489 chipset working on my system. It half works, but the systems hangs for a long time on boot and I haven't been able to get the serial/parallel ports to work. The Cirrus Logic VGA BIOS shares the same PLCC32 chip with the Phoenix PICO BIOS, so I have to use an external VGA card until I can figure out how to combine the two BIOSs properly again. Still lots of testing to do.

Also known as vswitchzero. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/vswitchzero

Reply 23 of 39, by his.lordship

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lemonlime wrote on 2022-09-19, 14:16:
Sorry to revive an inactive thread, but wanted to put this here in case anyone was looking to learn more about these Boundless T […]
Show full quote

Sorry to revive an inactive thread, but wanted to put this here in case anyone was looking to learn more about these Boundless TC systems. I did a video recently on turning my TC325 into a DOS gaming rig:

There is information there about the hardware components, how the UNSILENT application works as well as how to do an RTC battery mod (which I haven't done yet).

Since doing the video, I have had some success getting an Award BIOS for the ALi M1486/M1489 chipset working on my system. It half works, but the systems hangs for a long time on boot and I haven't been able to get the serial/parallel ports to work. The Cirrus Logic VGA BIOS shares the same PLCC32 chip with the Phoenix PICO BIOS, so I have to use an external VGA card until I can figure out how to combine the two BIOSs properly again. Still lots of testing to do.

Hi! I saw your video 😀 great work. My machine is in storage for now, your video revived my expectetions of giving it another try some day. 😀 From what i recall i messed with it so much that stupidly deleted the onboard 4Mb flash partition scheme with fdisk , and cant recover it. Fdisk only sees kb's of disk size. Also tried some tools used to partition and format msystem's docs but these seem to be just for msystem's docs. they dont see the 4mb flash on the board. Anyway the machine works without the 4mb flash. it would be great if you could hack an unlocked bios. Best regards.

Reply 25 of 39, by his.lordship

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Disruptor wrote on 2022-09-19, 22:36:

If you just deleted your partition with FDISK there is hope.
I hope you haven't written a new partition with new data ...

Hi,
I think in the process i created and formated a new partition yes, showing only its total size of a few bytes if i recall. I will try to post screenshot when i have the oportunity. Thanks.

Reply 26 of 39, by Hezus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
lemonlime wrote on 2022-09-19, 14:16:
Sorry to revive an inactive thread, but wanted to put this here in case anyone was looking to learn more about these Boundless T […]
Show full quote

Very interesting video and fun to see this thread pop up in it. Seems the boundless machines didn't vary that much in design, as yours looks a lot like my TC-100.

Keep me posted if you find a permanent solution for the BIOS. Would be very interested to use that 😀

Visit my YT Channel!

Reply 27 of 39, by supercordo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello, Sorry for resurrecting the old post. Just got a TC200. Im having issues booting from a CF card. I have added C:\UNSILENT.COM the the autoexe.bat file. I just get a blinking curser. Thanks

Reply 28 of 39, by his.lordship

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, i have not messed with this machine in quite a while, i intend to get back to it 😀, others made it seem right trough, and it probably is 😀 but i remeber, i think and dont know why, but when i kept pressing F1 during boot, it seems to do something, otherwise i got the blinking cursor. try pressing F1 several times during boot to what helps. Any others have made some proper work on this machine. I recomend you wath this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEsNgvNyFKw&a … nel=vswitchzero from vswicthzero. 😀

Reply 29 of 39, by wbahnassi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hmmm makes me wonder if it's possible to sneak out floppy/IDE/Power cables from the back. Those could then be connected to external drives on demand. Would look ok if the drives have an enclosure too.

Reply 31 of 39, by supercordo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So i was playing with it last night and seen where you guys uploaded archives of the internal drive. I was able to hook up a floppy with the unsilent.com and install 6.22 on the CF. I wouldn't of been able to with out it. So thanks for that. My current only issue is my system didnt ship with any riser for isa slot.

Reply 32 of 39, by his.lordship

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Mine also didn't. The original isa riser is bit more complete with some capacitors and dom or doc in the back if i recall from vswitchzero video, but you can purchase one that fits. i got my unit a few years ago now and at the time i order some from mouser. probably the high will not fit exactly but it will do.

Reply 36 of 39, by his.lordship

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here are some pictures of the ones i got. As i said its not a perfect fit, but it can be fitted. I've not messed with this machine latelly, has a matter of fact i think never got put the cover with a card in 😀 it has always been kind of the dargging project all the time 😀, anyway i am sure thats an easy problem to solve, however it might be better alternatives.

Attachments

• IMG_1876.JPG
    Filename
    IMG_1876.JPG
    File size
    1.23 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • IMG_1875.JPG
    Filename
    IMG_1875.JPG
    File size
    1.97 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • IMG_1874.JPG
    Filename
    IMG_1874.JPG
    File size
    1.61 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • IMG_1873.JPG
    Filename
    IMG_1873.JPG
    File size
    1.98 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 37 of 39, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
his.lordship wrote on 2023-04-21, 20:18:

Here are some pictures of the ones i got. As i said its not a perfect fit, but it can be fitted. I've not messed with this machine latelly, has a matter of fact i think never got put the cover with a card in 😀 it has always been kind of the dargging project all the time 😀, anyway i am sure thats an easy problem to solve, however it might be better alternatives.

Hey, not bad. Looks good to me! 😃👍
The card itself fits perfectly fine, it's just the slot bracket that doesn't fit.
Technically, you can remove it and use a piece of plastic instead (that way, you can make use of the two mounting holes).
Say, from an old VHS enclosure (since it's flexible).

It can be a bad one from the 90s or 2000s, since VHS are becoming retro, too.
The big old 80s VHS enclosures use more fragile plastic, anyway, and are well padded on the inside (tricky to cut out).

In either case, the old bracket can then be used as a template. 🙂

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 38 of 39, by Hezus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
his.lordship wrote on 2023-04-21, 20:18:

Great to see you managed to find a fitting riser. Mine has an ISA riser, but I could use a PCI riser too to add some more cards.

Visit my YT Channel!