First post, by Jackhead
Im getting parts at the moment for building a Super Socket 7 System. Sure i can go to pentium 3 like asus P2B but i like to keep it on Socket7.
The ATX formfactor has many good features to rebuild something with mixed new parts. Im not focus on timeline perfect build.
More a mix of best from past and today. The project will start soon and i like to share the progress (maybe problems) here.
So my idea/setup for start will be:
- Asus P5A SS7 Rev 1.04
- 512 MB RAM
- Be Quiet Power 9 400W ATX
- AMD K6 3+ 450MHz (OC @ 550 for first setup)
- Voodoo 5500 AGP
- Roland MPU-401AT
- Soundblaster AWE32 3980 (Yamaha DB50XG on board)
- Adaptec SCSI controller AH2940
- SCSI2SD V6 with 5,25 slot holder so i can switch sd with different OS
- Yamaha SCSI CD-Burner 4260T
- Cuplex Aquacomputer waterblock with ULTITUBE D5 100 PRO and Alphacool NexXxoS V.2 ST30 360 for CPU
- Case: Phanteks LUXE black
The plan is to boot dos 6.22 or win98SE from different SDs i can easy switch on the front. For DOS Games software downstep the cpu and cache.
For Win9x Games max and anything with SS7.
At first is the fun building anything up.
First pictures follow soon. Hope this will be funny project and i cant wait what it looks like at the end. Hope you guys also like it.