Zalman CNPS7700-Cu CPU fan
i-Cute 0408SL Case

-Accessories-

Altec Lansing 221 - 2.1 Speakers
Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard
Logitech MX510 Optical Mouse
Madcatz PC-CON Pro
Asus TV/FM card w/ Remote
Cicero 17" Monitor (Nothing fancy here...its the only thing left from my old computer now)

Reply 1 of 12, by Derag

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

*snickers*
Madcatz...🤣. I can't believe it...I didn't think Madcatz even still existed. Their console accessories are notorious for, well, sucking. ;p

That's actually a pretty nice little midtower...I like the big fan on the front!
Excellent choice of mobo...I love Abit; I have an AT7-Max2 myself. I'm envious of about half that system (of the parts that count). The mobo, the soundcard, and the cpu. I can't say I feel that way about the case because I am spoiled on full and super towers (I have my eye on a Thermaltake XaserV Gaming tower...that thing is so deep...the most important dimension for ease of use!), but it appears to be very good. I won't start on your video card...no need for Radeon vs GeForce wars atm. 😜

My specs:
Case: Enermax...um...I forget. It's tall and has a lot of bays. They don't make it anymore. I didn't research very well and bought it off the shelf...I hate it now, airflow sucks. It's decent to take apart. The PSU it came with is an Enermax 330W but it also sucks...a 200W from Thermaltake would give me better power. 😒
Mobo: Abit AT7-Max2
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2700+ (2.2 GHz)
Memory: 2x512MB Kingston ValueRam PC2700 2.5-3-3-7
GPU: Powercolor 9700 Pro
Soundcard: Soundblaster Live! Platinum 5.1
HDD: 2x WD800JB 80GB IDE-ATAs on Raid-0
CPU HS: Thermaltake Polo 735 (Same as the Volcano 12 except you can stick it on K8s and P4s..it was $10 cheaper 😜) Arctic Silver 5 grease of course
3Com 10/100 Ethernet adapter
Some floppy drive, I forget the brand...TEAC I think.
Old Pioneer 16x DVD/42x CD (I forget the model, was their top in 2000 when I bought it)
Plextor Plexwriter 12x/10x/32x (again...their top model in 2000).

Acc:
Samsung Syncmaster 900NF...not made anymore, or anything in the same class. What a shame. From my 2000 system.
Altec Lansing ADA880 4.1 Speakers (10W RMS satellites, 40W RMS 8" sub). I have the digital in connected to my Live drive, and the analog directly to my soundcard. The Live drive seems to act as an amp (computers are so lousy for that) and really brings out all the performance latent in my speakers. Without the dual input they can't be heard across the street. They don't make these speakers anymore or anything like them...too bad, they sound better and louder than one of Klipsch's big systems. From my system I built in 2000.
I've got a regular, almost rectangular (it's a little curved vertically) Belkin keyboard...the stupid thing has the wrong design on the \, backspace, and Enter keys, though. It has the big L-Shaped Enter key, the little midget backspace, and the \ key is next to it instead of below it. I couldn't find any proper oldschool keyboards at the time. 🙁
MS Optical Explorer 1.0...5 years of anger and abuse have not phased it. 😁

Errr..I guess I really went into it. It's just that I love my old rig so much.

Edit: Screw the XaserV case. I just went to Thermaltake's site and found that they have released some new cases that appear to be far superior. They make me drool. http://www.thermaltake.com/xaserCase/kandalf/ … a/va9000swa.htm

Only 560mm deep instead of 580mm, but it is 220mm wide instead of 205, and 530mm instead of 490mm! Not to mention a big front intake fan, and way more bays...oh man.

Reply 2 of 12, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah I got a SyncMaster 700IFT as my secondary monitor. It's the best 17" VGA CRT monitor that I've seen (flat tube and everything I could ask for except convergence controls - including adjustable moire cancellation and focus controls).

Reply 3 of 12, by Derag

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's a damn shame Samsung's only current monitor with a max rez of 2048x1536 is the 1100DF...aside from the fact that I don't really want a 21" monitor, I would rather not pay $400. The situation is made worse by the fact that the only really comparable monitors I've seen are Viewsonics, and their only 19" with 2048x1536 has an uneven shadow mask and fuzzy edges, or so I hear...I haven't had a chance to look at one. My friend has an E90f+sb and its good, but has fuzzy text. I would like to buy a new monitor for the system I'm going to be building this summer, since this one has two very tiny nicks in the glass, but I think I'm just going to have to take this one, and get a new Samsung to leave here at home, since my parents won't be needing 2048x1536 rez for anything.

🤣 Your title.

Reply 4 of 12, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Company NOT to buy monitors from: NEC/Mitsubishi.
Good thing they don't make CRTs anymore, but I'm sure there is still stock out there. The monitor I have (which I received as the 3rd replacement in a series of bad monitors that they sent) has been broken from the start. The video flashes off and on, and recently it's started blurring lines for a few seconds at random, eg.

|
|
|
|
|

^-- normal straight line of pixels

straight line of pixels on this monitor --v

|
|
|
|
| (quivering)

I'm composing a letter to send to the parent company, Mitsubishi. This is unacceptible. (I befriended one of the techs there; NEC/Mitsubishi stopped making CRT monitors in December without any replacement. Apparently for several months every 1-in-3 calls was about the blanking out that I have experienced with every 'new' model (2111SB and 2070SB)).

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 5 of 12, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

At least they admitted there's a problem. I had 3 Proview monitors blow out in the exact same way (actually 2 monitors, but one blew out a second time after I paid $40 to ship it back to them for repair), and they refused to admit that there was any kind of defect in the monitors. I then later read forum posts about people with the same experiences. Someone even found a fix, but by then I'd thrown that dead monitor away.

Reply 6 of 12, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What about my video card? 😕 I can run all the latest games without batting an eye no matter who's "Designed for XXX" is on the boxes. HL2, Doom 3, Farcry, THUG2 they all work great. Both OpenGL and DX9 run at top speeds...

The only reason I chose it was due to my experiences with ATI in the past...all bad. When I dislike a brand I switch. That also explains my CPU and MOBO brand choices as well. 😁

Reply 7 of 12, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
HunterZ wrote:

At least they admitted there's a problem.

Dude, they didn't. The guy I got this information from told me off-the-record, and now works at Wal-Mart, getting paid the same (and working fewer hours). Everyone else I've spoken to at the fucking company is like "Oh it can't possibly be a problem with the monitor". I even had one jackass on the phone with me for 20 minutes reading notes -- ON THE WRONG ACCOUNT. All the while breathing heavily into the phone as if he were having an asthma attack. He then proceeded to tell me that the flickering was caused by my refresh rate being set too high, and that it would go away if I set it lower. Dumbass.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 9 of 12, by El nostalgico

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Check this one.

I bought it just yesterday.

Optical Zyllog 3000A processor - 7.5 THz - RISK architecture based on new core from Cyrus x386SX

With the newest WOM - write only memory - 88GB (GDR module)

New SATAn IDE controller able to plug 222 devices

Also the latest technological revolutionary internal/external storage medium: LP (doble sided) with packet of 12 new gramophone stylus.

Graphic adapter XT Rodeon 958 Mhz rAMonDAC
Suported new ClosedGLOG and IndirectZ 10.4e

New OS from IBM OS/5 - minimal system required and maximal efficiency.
Suported new PnP - plug and pray techonology v0.98b (licenced by Macrosoft freeware)

PS/3 keyboard with 215 keys (also special keys like PR - processor motivator or PD - processor degenerator - because this computer is soooo fast that evry proces can be done before you will start thinking about it)

With four NPT - nonuniversal paralel train

And everithing only for 25$

Reply 10 of 12, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

> New SATAn IDE controller able to plug 222 devices

I would have bought the Extended Version w. Immediate Latency (EVIL) that can support 666 devices.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 12 of 12, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So anyway, add these to my rig:

BenQ FP931 19" LCD
Logitech Z-5300 5.1 Speakers

Man, whoever tries to tell you audio and video aren't as important as speed/performance....SMACK THEM! These two babies make everything 10 million times better! 😁