VOGONS

First post, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I want to build a 1990’s computer around this video card.
Can you guess what CPU/ Motherboard I will use ?….

Attachments

Last edited by Intel486dx33 on 2022-03-18, 18:45. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 2 of 7, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I found this motherboard in my garage.
Its a Soyo ATX SY -6BE ( Intel Bx440 chipset ).
And a Pentium III CPU @ 500mhz.

Attachments

Last edited by Intel486dx33 on 2022-03-17, 12:57. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 7, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I would have assumed a vanilla 440BX since the SS7 chipsets somehow have a bad reputation for AGP cards.
Those TNT2 really are always and everywhere, huh? Think I have the exact same specimen somewhere. Good TV out chip, as well.

I like jumpers.

Reply 4 of 7, by GrafWasili

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nice to see another build in the making that's based on the same chipset like the one I'm working on atm... keep the posts coming 😀

Also, cute little Intel astronaut (hazmat worker? bomb squad member?? beekeeper???)

Reply 6 of 7, by flupke11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
GrafWasili wrote on 2022-03-21, 17:02:

Nice to see another build in the making that's based on the same chipset like the one I'm working on atm... keep the posts coming 😀

Also, cute little Intel astronaut (hazmat worker? bomb squad member?? beekeeper???)

These colourful clean room workers featured in Intel ads when Intel launched the PII in 1997. Check YouTube, they will certainly still be rocking there.

Reply 7 of 7, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sorry Guys,

I have misplaced the video card and I can’t find my slot-1 CPU coolers so I will have to post pone this build until I find the stuff. My Garage is a mess and it’s hard to find stuff when it's all boxed up.

But I have a couple of nice builds coming up.