VOGONS

Reply 20 of 20, by OSkar000

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dant wrote on 2022-08-02, 14:30:

The GXPro is a very cool machine. Happy to see someone get one and talk about it. Don't forget about the key combination that lets you slow the machine to 8mhz on the fly, Ctrl+Alt+\

Thanks! I fell in love with it since its far from what you expect from a beige desktop.

I will see if I find any use for slowing it down, maybe for some dos gaming 😀

foey wrote on 2022-08-24, 15:32:

I had no idea Unreal worked on NT3.51!

Great, well-built machines!

I saw some post here about it so I gave it a try, and it started (slowly). Only software rendering and it seems like the sound doesn't work. But it is pretty impressive to see a game like Unreal Tournament start on a windows version that is so far away from game-friendly as possible.

One of my plans for this machine is to try out some older windows games and see what is playable. I might get surprised more then once... and disappointed many times 😁

Pino wrote on 2022-08-24, 19:08:
you guys are making me feel guilty, got this one this week and for some reason I don't love it […]
Show full quote

you guys are making me feel guilty, got this one this week and for some reason I don't love it

It's an IBM Intellistation Z PRO
Dual socket 8 MB
1 Pentium Pro 200Mhz 512KB cache installed
Intergraph Intense 3d 2200 MSMT440 Video card
5.1GB SCSI drive
192MB of EDO RAM
IBM Network card
Onboard Crystal CX4237 sound chip

I installed Win98 just to verify everything is working, but I guess I need to go Windows NT or Windows 2000 to have proper support for the video card.

That is a really sweet machine!

I have no idea what the video card is capable of doing but try it with NT4 and Quake II 😀

Gaming on workstation hardware is much more of a fun challange then throwing a Voodoo2 at any computer between 1997 and 2000.