VOGONS

Reply 21 of 25, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have the same motherboard and I'm looking forward to making a dual Coppermine + Voodoo 3 Win2K PC with it to replace my AthlonXP + Voodoo 3 Win 2K build.. But the PIII-866s I have are not the same SLXXX code, in fact one is 1.65V and the other 1.7V. I was wondering if this board requires them to be identical and what CPUs you are running. It is hard to make out from the blurry photos 😀

Come to think of it I also have non-matching PIII-1000s, one with a heatspreader and one without.. Hmm..

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 22 of 25, by H3nrik V!

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
appiah4 wrote on 2023-08-24, 14:34:

I have the same motherboard and I'm looking forward to making a dual Coppermine + Voodoo 3 Win2K PC with it to replace my AthlonXP + Voodoo 3 Win 2K build.. But the PIII-866s I have are not the same SLXXX code, in fact one is 1.65V and the other 1.7V. I was wondering if this board requires them to be identical and what CPUs you are running. It is hard to make out from the blurry photos 😀

Come to think of it I also have non-matching PIII-1000s, one with a heatspreader and one without.. Hmm..

One of those could in theory be a Tualatin-256 then 😉

Please use the "quote" option if asking questions to what I write - it will really up the chances of me noticing 😀

Reply 23 of 25, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
H3nrik V! wrote on 2023-08-24, 15:14:
appiah4 wrote on 2023-08-24, 14:34:

One of those could in theory be a Tualatin-256 then 😉

This, perhaps?

Attachments

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 24 of 25, by H3nrik V!

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Definitely a Coppermine https://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/SL/SL5B3.html

Please use the "quote" option if asking questions to what I write - it will really up the chances of me noticing 😀

Reply 25 of 25, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

To begin with, Pentium 3 Tualatin-256 supposedly does not support SMP, because it's the same silicon as Tualerons.

boggsman wrote:

I think the 4 DIMMs will be stable since they are Registered.

Since they are double-stacked, I have some doubts. But regular registered modules (18/20 chips) most likely will work fine.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.