VOGONS

First post, by antareus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm nearly ecstatic. Myth 1 runs perfectly! Except in fullscreen, the display becomes corrupted to the point that it is unreadable. 🙁

To reproduce:
1. Enable fullscreen mode in the ini file.
1. Launch Myth: TFL. Start a new single player game on any level. Lose the level (f2 speeds up gameplay) and try it again.
3. At the load screen, parts of it are scattered about and it is completely unplayable. It is difficult to even quit out of the game properly.

System specs:
P4 2.53ghz
Asus P4PE, Intel 845 chipset
ATI Radeon 9700, 128MB VRAM
Catalyst 3.2 drivers
Audigy 1
512MB PC2700
WinXP Pro

Last edited by antareus on 2003-03-15, 09:17. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 16, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by antareus I'm nearly ecstatic. Myth 1 runs perfectly! Except in fullscreen, the display becomes corrupted...

Were there ever any other forms of 3D hardware support for the original "Myth" besides the Voodoo?

Reply 2 of 16, by antareus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Nicht Sehr Gut wrote:

Were there ever any other forms of 3D hardware support for the original "Myth" besides the Voodoo?

It supported the Rendition chipset as well, but I haven't seen a single wrapper for it.

The bug seems like something just doesn't get reset when the level is loaded. Something specific to fullscreen. I'll try a quick desk check of the source.

Reply 3 of 16, by antareus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just did some more testing.

If I switch the video acceleration down to to one notch from the left (disable 3D acceleration) and use software rendering it doesn't display this problem.

Does that mean its a driver problem and I should talk to ATI about it?

Reply 4 of 16, by antareus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Last post for now, I promise 😀.

I just tested Zeckensack's Glide wrapper (its at http://www.guru3d.com) for ATI cards only, and it didn't display this corruption, so it probably isn't a driver thing.

Reply 6 of 16, by Schadenfreude

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
antareus wrote:

It supported the Rendition chipset as well, but I haven't seen a single wrapper for it.

No, but the SDK is out, so someone could make one (Fabio?)
http://www.renditionrevival.com/files.html
http://www.micron.com/content.jsp?path=Products/ITG

Also, BigRRed was a Glide->Rendition wrapper, perhaps it could be reversed. You could stalk the web to find the authors, see here:
http://www.renditionrevival.com/devboard/devindex.html

For that, why not find more wrapper authors to work on OpenGlide?

NEHow, I recommend Fabio and Paul read the Big Rred-related posts, it might give them ideas. Or anyone.

Reply 10 of 16, by Schadenfreude

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Let me rephrase:

SOMEONE (not necessarily Paul or Fabio) should make a Rendition wrapper.

For that matter, there should be a wrapper for every video card with a proprietary API to wrap to Direct3D or OpenGL.

You'd be surprised, there's more than just Glide and RRedline.

Reply 12 of 16, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Schadenfreude Let me rephrase:

SOMEONE (not necessarily Paul or Fabio) should make a Rendition wrapper.

Really want to have fun? Emulate a NV1 card. There's a challenge for you. Then when you're done, modify it into a Sega Saturn emulator.

Me and Stiletto would be grateful...I don't think anyone else cares...

Reply 13 of 16, by Schadenfreude

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
antareus wrote:

I tried Myth out on a Geforce 2 using OpenGLide, and it worked perfectly.

Then it must be the ATI drivers, no? Or maybe DirectX?

I guess it still could be OpenGlide, though...

Reply 15 of 16, by antareus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That doesn't explain how it works FINE for one level and then you load it up again and its just garbled. Once I saw bits and pieces of my Tribes 2 game that I played earlier for a split second.

Drivers?