VOGONS

Glidos for M1 tank platoon

Topic actions

Reply 21 of 24, by Grifter_Grifts

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just a bump... A really late one...

I have tried every glide wrapper and option I can find, and most work VERY well, but I also crash while exiting an M1TP2 mission. I can play for as long as I want, and it looks AMAZING, but will crash immediately upon pressing SHIFTQ to exit the mission. After seeing it running in 1280x1024 resolution with 16x AA, it's hard to go back to that blocky mess... And I'm forced to if I actually want to complete a campaign...

Here is what it's running on:

AMD x2 dual-core 5000+ CPU overclocked @ 3.0Ghz
2Gb DDR2 800Mhz RAM
ATI X1950 Pro 512Mb PCI-E video card (Catalyst 7.7, DirectX9.0C)

There is no demo, but I have a legit copy (I'll never let it go) and also a fixed one, in the form of an installer. It's 43mb, and no CD is required to play... I also have the latest patches (1.1, and 1.2) and modified .exe files that allow you to run it while updated, again, without the CD. Once this title becomes abandonware, I will gladly pass this modified version along to someone that wants to have a crack at this glide problem, so they may go about it without having to spend any money. It is identical to the original game, minus some video which is bulky and unnecessary, anyway.

Do not ask me for this until M1TP2 becomes abandonware (if it ever does, as Atari is tenacious about retaining rights, even from old titles made by previous groups they bought out.) I WILL NOT PROMOTE PIRACY.

PM me when the time comes, if you're feeling up for a challenge. I will include the error reports, also.

THANKS in advance! Hopefully, someone will address this in the next decade or so. 😉

Reply 23 of 24, by Grifter_Grifts

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No, haven't heard of that one before. I just downloaded it... I'll post the results. Thank you! 😁

**EDIT** Thanks again for the input! I just tried it, and it plays well although the graphics are not as pretty. I still cannot exit a mission, but at least the game crashes to my desktop now. The others tend to freeze it, forcing me to Ctrl Alt Del...

It's sad when crashing to your desktop is a bonus! 😀 I think I'll have to dig through my junk box and build an old PIII with a Voodoo card. Hey, I just thought of something... Does anyone know if it's possible to install a second video card in a PCI slot to be used specifically by dual-booting into Win95, leaving the PCI-E slot exclusively for XP? I can't see how, unless you change your BIOS settings every time you boot, which would be annoying. I'm dual-booting XP Pro and Xp X64 Edition on two SATAII hard drives, but I've never tried to force hardware to run on one OS, and not the other before. It doesn't seem to be out of the realm of possibility... Anyone know?

Reply 24 of 24, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Actually the source forge binary is possibly not up to date. To find the most up to date version, install Glidos, and look in C:\Program Files\Glidos\psVoodoo. You don't need to register Glidos to do that, and you can delete Glidos as soon as you've copied out Glide2x.dll from the above mentioned folder.