VOGONS

First post, by docmartin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I need some serious help here. Just upgraded to a new computer and can't get RB to work in glide mode. Here's my set up:

Processor: AMD Athlon XP 2800
Chipset: Nvidia nForce2
Video: Nvidia GeForce4 MX
Audio: nForce 6-channel audio
512MB DDR

Have tried both OpenGLide v007beta5 and OpenGlide 009rc5, recommended by RB users in the SWWISA forum. Dropped the .dll and .ini files into the RB main directory.

Have edited Openglid.ini as recommended by RB OpenGLide users as follows:
WrapperPriority = 2
CreateWindow = 0
InitFullScreen = 1
EnableMipMaps = 0
Wrap565to5551 = 1
EnablePrecisionFix = 1
EnableMultiTextureEXT = 1
EnablePaletteEXT = 1
EnableVertexArrayEXT = 0
TextureMemorySize = 4
FrameBufferMemorySize = 16

Set desktop resolution to 1024 x 768 and 16 bit color; set RB resolution at 800 x 600. I am able to select Glide in RB's graphics preferences.

After all this, the game persists in opening in Direct Draw. I am at a complete loss. Can anyone help? To get my Glide version of RB back would be the best Xmas present I could receive!

The Doc

Reply 1 of 2, by docmartin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Panic over, I think. For some reason my new installation of RB is resetting all the preferences each time I start a new session, including setting graphics to Direct Draw. If I manually reset the graphics to glide, the wrapper seems to be working fine. However, I now need to figure out why my preferences won't stick.

The Doc

Reply 2 of 2, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah, there's some stupid...bug or another... it usually manifests itself as no sound, but I suppose this could be it too. There's an article in Deep Thought about it.

Yes, it’s my fault.