VOGONS

First post, by tfabris

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to get my old copy of Myth: The Fallen Lords running on my Windows 2000 box, using OpenGlide to get its Glide rendering working on my Nvidia card. I have applied the 1.3 patch to Myth, which I believe is the last patch they made.

When I run it, Myth puts up an error message saying that there's not enough memory or swap space. Yet there's gigs of both.

I'm aware that an application showing a "not enough memory" error usually has nothing to do with memory. Most likely, it's because the program made an API call which returned a failure, and they just put up a generic "out of memory" box because they have no way of knowing what caused the function to fail.

Others on this forum have reported Myth running fine (I did a search), so I'm curious if anyone was using Windows 2000 when they did it? Or if anyone has any other tips?

Reply 1 of 1, by barev

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!
I was able to run Myth: The Fallen Lords (v1.3) with the latest version of OpenGlide without any problems on both Win98 and Win2k. I have never experienced problems like the one you describe. I use the default settings for OpenGlide and my video is nVidia Geforce 2 MX400. Unfortunately I cannot give you any other advices except for installing Win98 on your machine and trying the game on it or reinstalling the Win2k.