OpenGLide Logo

Topic actions

Reply 21 of 31, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Snover wrote:

It had better survive shrinkage -- it's all vector-based.

I'm thinking of the legibility of an icon placed on a web page which, of course, would be bitmapped, but it should be fine so long as it's generated from the vector-based original instead of just a "shrunk" bitmap. Looks very nice, in any case.

Reply 22 of 31, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

*dances around* Yay!

Time to get to work on the site.
Too bad I don't know what the heck I should put on it... heh
...hmm...

It'll definitely need a smaller, more iconic bit. I'll see what I can whip up.

And, oh yeah. Friendly reminder: IE6 doesn't like alpha channels, so if you're using it, you should really upgrade.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 23 of 31, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Okay, I did a little touching (I'm so speedy!) and came up with this. Hopefully it will work better when making tiny things. I might need to do some pixel pushing for REALLY small ones (anything < 64x64, but even that is a bit of a stretch). In order to make it look proper when making it a lot smaller like this I do end up needing to rasterise it (in fact, I need to kluge it by saving it as a PNG so that it is a TRUE raster -- effects as well, which rasterising in Photoshop doesn't do -- while still retaining its alpha channel). If I don't, it looks all blotty because of the satin effect that is applied on too small a surface for it to render looking like it does now. Ho, hum. Such are the joys of graphic design.

Attachments

• ogli-sm.png
    Filename
    ogli-sm.png
    File size
    19.73 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 28 of 31, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well, in any case, I've moved this thread to the General section of the (new!) OpenGLide forum. Now anonymous jokers can post and respond to it. (Ahaha, you jokers! Register today!)

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 29 of 31, by [vEX]

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hope you don't mind that I did something simple.

Attachments

• openglide.png
    Filename
    openglide.png
    File size
    9.39 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Antec P182B | Asus P8Z77-V PRO | Intel i5 3570k | 16GB DDR3 | 4TB HDD | Pioneer BDR-207D | Asus Xonar DX | Altec Lansing CS21 | Eizo EV2736W-BK | Arch Linux (64-bit/x86_64)

Reply 30 of 31, by VonHelton

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Snover wrote:

Okay, here's the logo with some nifty stuff I've done to it. 😀 Later, after it starts working better than eVoodoo, I get to add "world's best". 😀

It'll, err, be on a blue background, so don't mind the inner shadow colour. 😀

Care if the Pixelmeister plays with it? (ME! 🤣!)

😁

Reply 31 of 31, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Heh, Pixelmeister, it's vector. No raster graphics for you to pixelpush. Sorry.

Feel free to make an uberl33t 16x16 FAVICON.ICO (256 colours) ... the one at the dev site sucks, as you can see. *grumble, damn things not supporting Microsoft's damn alpha transparency crap, grumble*

Yes, it’s my fault.