VOGONS

grClipWindow

Topic actions

First post, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As part of supporting Dreams to Reality in Glidos, I've gotten grClipWindow working in OpenGLide.

I've also changed grBufferClear so that it respects the clipping window, which at last makes the map in Desent II work properly.

Reply 2 of 4, by GoldFinger

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Great stuff, we are in the right direction, I did some fixes on the window supporting functions, but since I formatted my box I cannot compile because my Visual Studio is lended to a friend so if you care to test it... 😀

Reply 3 of 4, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Snover wrote:

Will the change in grClearBuffer cause any problems with OTHER games? (eg. should there be a setting to flip between the new and old modes?)

Good point, but no it should just be closer to the Glide spec, unless there are bugs. Some regression testing wouldn't go a miss; I've tested all the Glidos games, plus Red Baron. Ooh, haven't tried Sentinel yet, and I know that uses clipping.

Reply 4 of 4, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
GoldFinger wrote:

Great stuff, we are in the right direction, I did some fixes on the window supporting functions, but since I formatted my box I cannot compile because my Visual Studio is lended to a friend so if you care to test it... 😀

I'll have a look. What window support is this? Is it the window creation stuff?