VOGONS

MT-32 Service Notes 1st/2nd Edition

Topic actions

First post, by suntac

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am desperately looking for the first or the second edition of MT-32 Service Notes.
Does anyone have it and is willing to share it? Thanks.

Reply 1 of 26, by CrossBow777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Best I have currently is the rev3 notes/manual with schematic.

Attachments

g883j7-2.png
Midi Modules: MT-32 (OLD), MT-200, MT-300, MT-90S, MT-90U, SD-20

Reply 3 of 26, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

dang, I also have the 3rd edition as well...
maybe Solarstorm here can take some photos?
Re: MT32 Old schematic

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 4 of 26, by NewRisingSun

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have a photocopy of the second edition, meaning the quality is not the greatest. Do you need some specific information, so I would only have to scan one or two pages, or the whole sixteen pages?

Reply 5 of 26, by suntac

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
NewRisingSun wrote:

I have a photocopy of the second edition, meaning the quality is not the greatest. Do you need some specific information, so I would only have to scan one or two pages, or the whole sixteen pages?

Thanks, mate 😀
I'd need just any info regarding the HG61H15B59F gate array, i.e. the pinout, its internal diagram and the part of the schematic which involves the gate array, 8095, and the nearby RAMs and ROMs.
I'd be very glad if you'd scan it for me.

Reply 6 of 26, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Would it make sense to ask Roland if they still have this on file? Or are they not ... that nice?

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 7 of 26, by NewRisingSun

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Download my scan of the 2nd edition here (11 MiB). I will delete the file in a couple of days, and remove the link, so don't quote the link.

Because I only have a photocopy, the quality is not great, in particular the gray area on page 2, and the schematics are rather hard to read.

Last edited by NewRisingSun on 2019-03-04, 18:16. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 11 of 26, by Solarstorm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It wasn't that much work at all, i used a Kyocera TaskAlfa 3500i to scan a complete A3 page direct to USB.
But my stupid brain always forgott to take the service notes to work where that machine is. 😁

My YouTube Channel

Reply 12 of 26, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As an owner of a first edition MT-32 I thank you very much!

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 14 of 26, by Solarstorm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah, no problem, get it as long as it's online.
I don't think there will be a DCMA takedown, but you never know.
Grab it while it's hot! 😁

My YouTube Channel

Reply 15 of 26, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Solarstorm wrote:

Yeah, no problem, get it as long as it's online.
I don't think there will be a DCMA takedown, but you never know.
Grab it while it's hot! 😁

Upload it to the internet archive. They have lots of manuals and historic stuff.

YouTube and Bonus

Reply 17 of 26, by CrossBow777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I also sent it to console5 to host it and add it to the new Wiki they are putting together for the MT-32.

g883j7-2.png
Midi Modules: MT-32 (OLD), MT-200, MT-300, MT-90S, MT-90U, SD-20

Reply 18 of 26, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
CrossBow777 wrote:

I also sent it to console5 to host it and add it to the new Wiki they are putting together for the MT-32.

Link?

YouTube and Bonus

Reply 19 of 26, by Spazilton

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Would someone mind please rehosting the 2nd edition files? I have a NWI modified MT-32 that I am going to try to document the modifications for the community but I would rather not have to figure out the schematics from scratch. TY!