VOGONS

First post, by LasVegas Hawkeye

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello! Just got a new PC (Win 10 64 OS) and have been trying for 2 days to get the MT-32 working on the new system for old game purposes. The older PC I had was pretty much the same, so I'm having a hard time getting this figured out. On the old machine, I used the Putz Midi mapper. When I went to the control panel on the old machine, Putz was listed. I simply clicked on Putz, which brought up 2 choices: #1 MS GS Wavetable Synth, and #2 Um-One. I I clicked on Um-One, hit apply, then OK. Um-One was listed as the default. From there, I had to go into each games resource config file, edit appropriately, and I was in business.

Tried to do the same thing on the new system, but when I hit Putz in the control panel, it again gives me the 2 choices, but it won't take the Um-One. It ALWAYS defaults right back to the MS GS Wavetable Synth. I've searched the web until my eyes bled about this, but I haven't seen this problem, although there's plenty of folks out there who advise using an emulator. Since I have an actual MT-32, I don't want to go there.

Maybe Putz is outdated, and there's another way to get Win 10 to recognize Um-One as the default?
Thanks in advance for any help!

Reply 1 of 3, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
LasVegas Hawkeye wrote on 2021-02-02, 17:30:
Hello! Just got a new PC (Win 10 64 OS) and have been trying for 2 days to get the MT-32 working on the new system for old game […]
Show full quote

Hello! Just got a new PC (Win 10 64 OS) and have been trying for 2 days to get the MT-32 working on the new system for old game purposes. The older PC I had was pretty much the same, so I'm having a hard time getting this figured out. On the old machine, I used the Putz Midi mapper. When I went to the control panel on the old machine, Putz was listed. I simply clicked on Putz, which brought up 2 choices: #1 MS GS Wavetable Synth, and #2 Um-One. I I clicked on Um-One, hit apply, then OK. Um-One was listed as the default. From there, I had to go into each games resource config file, edit appropriately, and I was in business.

Tried to do the same thing on the new system, but when I hit Putz in the control panel, it again gives me the 2 choices, but it won't take the Um-One. It ALWAYS defaults right back to the MS GS Wavetable Synth. I've searched the web until my eyes bled about this, but I haven't seen this problem, although there's plenty of folks out there who advise using an emulator. Since I have an actual MT-32, I don't want to go there.

Maybe Putz is outdated, and there's another way to get Win 10 to recognize Um-One as the default?
Thanks in advance for any help!

This one works for me in Windows 10 20H2

MIDISelector4.0.zip

EDIT : https://openmidiproject.osdn.jp/MIDISelector_en.html