VOGONS

First post, by Glo-Kidd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi all, I recently aquired an mt-32 for my old win98 comp, and have been enjoying the whole experience. I have been able to use my mt-32 for many of the newer(vga) sierra adventures but have had no luck getting my mt-32 to work with any of the older sci games like lsl3. i was wondering if there is a patch or something i need to get my roland working for these geat games. i use a gameport to midi cable on the gameport of my yamaha xg soundcard.
ill post detail on ram, proccessor speed, and the actual model # of the soundcard tommorrow as this computer is basically on the other side of town.
thanks

Reply 2 of 3, by Glo-Kidd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanks for the reply collector
Yes i did run the install.
the soundcard is an AW744 pro
i hame 32 mb of ram (ouch, i know, its sad)
the processor is an amd K6-2 running at (i think) 533 mhz
this version of the game is from the leisure suit larry collection
ive tried installing from both the windows installer and by copying the gamefiles off the cd to my hard drive and using the original dos based installer.
i use windows98se's dos to run all my old sierra games as dosbox doesnt seem to run well on my old, slow comp.
thanks again

Reply 3 of 3, by NewRisingSun

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Older Sierra games like LSL3 require an "intelligent-mode" compatible MPU-401. I'm sure there was a patched MT32.DRV to make it compatible with UART-only sound cards; can't seem to find it at the moment.