VOGONS

First post, by Roxor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Went to try out MUNT, found the dowload list, only download available for Windows is x86 version. Tried that just for the hell of it, no surprise - doesn't even install under x64 Windows.

So, when is an x64 Windows compile going to be available?

Reply 2 of 12, by canadacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Says you. 😈 I happen to be working on what will be the "final" release of the MT-32 emulation core. No more synthesis wavetable files. No more off tune crap. My personal build at the moment now approaches with almost bit accuracy anything produced with PCM or a square wave. I have some final touches to do with the sawtooth BLIT synthesis and I'll be making a release. Ideally then, we can work on driver releases for other platforms.

Reply 4 of 12, by Roxor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
canadacow wrote:

Says you. 😈 I happen to be working on what will be the "final" release of the MT-32 emulation core. No more synthesis wavetable files. No more off tune crap. My personal build at the moment now approaches with almost bit accuracy anything produced with PCM or a square wave. I have some final touches to do with the sawtooth BLIT synthesis and I'll be making a release. Ideally then, we can work on driver releases for other platforms.

Brilliant! I can't wait to hear the results for myself. Comparing a DOSBox build incorporating MT-32 emulation with an MP3 file of the same section of game music recorded from a real MT-32 had me wondering what was causing the DOSBox version to sound off. Now I know. The emulation engine was all off. I bet your new version is going to beat the pants off the old one.

Reply 6 of 12, by canadacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have just committed to the Munt CVS. There's still a lot of work to be done. I'm again completely unsatisfied with the filter cutoff (particularly for the sawtooth wave), but I think I have some other things nailed down pretty well. For those who can't wait, building from the CVS might be worthy venture.

With recent experimental changes I'm finding the code in desperate need of optimization. It gets behind sometimes even on my Athlon 3200+. Maybe I just need a new CPU. 🤣

Reply 7 of 12, by ih8registrations

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Did someone say in need of optimization?:) I'll take a look. I'm worse off rig wise than you are; xp @ 2GHz or ~2600+. You kid but if you were shopping, Intel's new core(the low end models have been matching AMD's current top end) is going to be released July 23rd and AMD is going to cut their prices up to 40% the day after in response.

Reply 8 of 12, by ih8registrations

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

FYI, compiling /w mingw, gcc pouts about jumping past some variable initializations. I just moved the declarations to the top to finish compiling the lib.

MT32Emu::Partial::getAmpEnvelope(Bit32u*)':
partial.cpp:981: jump to label `PastCalc'
partial.cpp:912: from here
partial.cpp:971: crosses initialization of `int tmptc'
partial.cpp:960: crosses initialization of `int sq'
make[1]: *** [partial.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/asdf/mt32emu/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

From the best that I can tell, the windows driver requires .net to compile? As well, from README, which says it'll will generate INSTALL instructions from running autogen.sh; negatory.

Reply 9 of 12, by ykhwong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, in tables.h, two lines below

#include "blit\BlitSaw.h"
#include "blit\BlitSquare.h"

should be

#include "/blit/BlitSaw.h"
#include "/blit/BlitSquare.h"

to fix compile errors in linux environment.

Reply 12 of 12, by dh4rm4

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Any more news on this subject? I have recently purchased a real MT32 and I'd love to be able to compare it to a newer version of MUNTx64.

I'm sure many people are waiting and intensely interested on MUNT's progress.