VOGONS

First post, by lfo2k

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hellloo again 😀

because of my massive space problems with my small flat, i decided to give dosbox a chance (and put my real 486 in the corner).

so i have tried to plug up my mt-32 on the sb-live value. for that i have these
special midi kabel with the gameport on the other side.

i have tried kings quest 6 for example but i get only strange soundings out of the mt-32 😳

on the retro-pc it works all fine 😁

so i have no clue now what to do. i would be happy if someone would help me . i use dosbox 0.65.

if some wants to take a detailed look at my computer settings, he might klick here: http://muenchen-surf.de/lfo/everest/report.htm 😀

Reply 1 of 3, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have the same setup, but with an SB Live! Platinum and it works just fine. Make sure of the following. Check the [midi] section of dosbox.conf. Mine looks like this:

mpu401=intelligent
device=default
config=

Ensure you also select the MT-32 in the game setup and that Windows uses the "SB Live! MIDI UART" as its default MIDI output device (Start Menu --> Control Panel --> Sounds and Audio Devices --> Audio). You may also want to reset the MT-32 (power cycle it or press [Master Volume+Rhythm] - [1]).

My site: Ramblings on mostly tech stuff.

Reply 2 of 3, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

all the above, especially the part about windows using the right Midi port. You can see if the sound gets passed to the MT32 on its display...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper