VOGONS

First post, by I4ko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
i want to extract patched from sysex dumps (these are the patches that games or programs put in). Could you suggest a program that would to that and extract them to some acceptable format. I also want to know the instument number they were uploaded to.

I want to convert these patches to GUS format and use them with the GUS mt32 emulation (because the GUS does not load patches via sysex when emulating mt32). The GUS emulation ot dosbox takes lets say 1% cpu where mt32emu takes about 110% cpu.

Reply 2 of 4, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Extracting the patches would be possible, but the GUS' MT-32 "emulation" was done with proprietary Gravis software and the MT-32 emulation in mt32emu or patched versions of DOSBox itself don't use the GUS code.

My site: Ramblings on mostly tech stuff.

Reply 3 of 4, by I4ko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

gravis have released their software now (ater gravis closed) for free. However I just want to be able to load patches with loadpats myself, since gravis mt32 emulation ignores patches uploaded to it. And games sound strange because that think thay put their patch, but the one that is actually been played is the default.

If i can extract patches from sysex dump then I would convert it to the gravis format and do the patchset so I can load it for a particular game to play.