VOGONS

First post, by Zarhan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

After a long pause and upgrade to Windows Vista, I decided to test again the status of emulated MT-32 in Dosbox. Found Gulikoza's build at http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza/dosbox.html. Inserted the rom-files to Dosbox's directory and fired up Wing Commander...

Sound effects work perfectly, however, it seems one or more instruments are missing. Most notably this is right at the start ("In distant future, mankind is locked in a deadly war....") where only percussions are present for first few seconds.

Any tips?

Reply 1 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

You should probably ask Gulikoza himself. If remember correctly, his builds incorporate many unofficial and local patches, which gets very little support here.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 7, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I still use the old Munt cvs code, you might have more luck running Munt on your system (if it works?) and using it via MPU401 dosbox output. I don't know the status of current Munt cvs, but IIRC it was just before a major breakthrough. Hopefully someday it will be finished...

http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza

Reply 3 of 7, by Zarhan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks - that might explain it then.

I think I was searching for MUNT earlier and there doesn't seem to be a x64 Windows version - so not possible for my OS..

I hope you have time of including more recent MUNT sometime (I really don't need the MT-32 for anything else than DOSBox and ScummVM), would really appreciate it!

Reply 6 of 7, by Maxor127

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm having trouble getting MT32 to work in general. I remember getting Munt to work in XP a couple years ago, but it doesn't seem to work in Vista. I tried the gulikoza and Ykhwong builds, but no luck with them either. I'm probably doing something wrong though. I'm using D-Fend Reloaded and I have the roms in the dosbox folder.

*Edit* Nevermind... I think I figured it out. D-Fend Reloaded didn't have an option to pick mt32 as the device, so I did it manually. MT32 emulation didn't sound right for me either though (Quest for Glory 1 EGA). Trying to figure out Ykhwong now.