VOGONS

First post, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just for convenience sake, I've re-compiled the complete MT-32 games list from Mobygames in a single DOC file.

Please be aware that there are only the game names and the year of release. I've truncated publisher column, for tidiness sake and for legibility of the documents.

Also, I prefer to have the Developer's name rather than the publisher's name for a game. Maybe someone else can update this list to include the developer's name.

There are 17 pages, size 964kb.Get it HERE.

EDIT: SEE BELOW FOR THE ALTERNATE VERSION OF THIS DOC FILE.10Q

Attachments

Last edited by Malik on 2008-12-10, 04:56. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 11, by valnar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nice..... thanks. This is a historical topic of great interest to me.

I think this was brought up once before, but I'd love a list (which is probably a smaller subset of this) of games that were primarily and specifically written with the MT-32 in mind. All of these games in the Moby list have MT-32 support, but some may also support Adlib, Sound Blaster or GM; or preferably so.

Maybe it's just a matter of the published date? GM/GS came out in 1991 and became a bit more mainstream in 1992-1993. Can you generalize that games before 1992 were more Adlib or MT-32 while games after 1992 were more SB and Midi? (until redbook took over)

So to sum it up:
Which are the games where the specific sound of the MT-32 would be sorely missed?

I don't own a MT-32 yet, but they come up often on eBay. My Roland Sound Canvas has been holding me over for years, so I haven't had the urge. I also didn't start playing PC games until 1991. (Apple ][+ ftw!)

Reply 2 of 11, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Why not just use a landscape format instead of a portrait format in the document? That way you would have more room to include the developer's info. Actually, a speadsheet would be better.

Just suggestions for the next guy who comes along.

Reply 4 of 11, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Great Hierophant wrote:

Why not just use a landscape format instead of a portrait format in the document? That way you would have more room to include the developer's info. Actually, a speadsheet would be better.

Just suggestions for the next guy who comes along.

Ok, I'll try to re-compile the list and put up when I'm free.

Reply 6 of 11, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Here is the alternate landscape version of the document. This time, a bit larger - 1.23MB, with 39 pages.

Also here is the zipped file - 149kb.

Valnar, this site might be of interest to you. There is a notation saying which game was originally composed for/in MT-32 and which games aren't.

Attachments

Last edited by Malik on 2009-09-03, 13:13. Edited 1 time in total.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 7 of 11, by valnar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Malik wrote:

Valnar, this site might be of interest to you. There is a notation saying which game was originally composed for/in MT-32 and which games aren't.

Nice.....thanks! Looks like somebody had the same question.

Reply 8 of 11, by OmerMor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I copied your doc to a goole docs spreadsheet, for easier access.
It can be viewed by anyone, and can be edited by anyone who is registered to google docs (it's free).

It can be viewed from this link: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=prDM3a … W7U_0hFh9c1AIHQ

And edited from this one: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=prDM3a … W7U_0hFh9c1AIHQ

Omer Mor.

Reply 10 of 11, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
OmerMor wrote:
I copied your doc to a goole docs spreadsheet, for easier access. It can be viewed by anyone, and can be edited by anyone who is […]
Show full quote

I copied your doc to a goole docs spreadsheet, for easier access.
It can be viewed by anyone, and can be edited by anyone who is registered to google docs (it's free).

It can be viewed from this link: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=prDM3a … W7U_0hFh9c1AIHQ

And edited from this one: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=prDM3a … W7U_0hFh9c1AIHQ

Omer Mor.

Thanks for propagating this work! 😀