VOGONS

First post, by ancalimonungol

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm having a problem installing the driver. I've put the rom into the folder too. But when I try to install the driver windows says system cannot find the file specified. Any tips?

Reply 7 of 14, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The missing data is all the files. mt32emu.dll, MT32_PCM.ROM and MT32_CONTROL.ROM. (You can tell by reading C:\Windows\Inf\setupapi.dev.log )

Vista is attempting to convert the INF file to a newer format before the install, which it does just fine, but it places it in a different folder and can no longer find any of the files it's actually supposed to install.

Replacing the oemsetup.inf file that comes with the package with a newer version will allow the driver to install.

To be able to install, replace the oemsetup.inf file with the one attached to this message.

Attachments

• Filename
    oemsetup.zip
    File size
    544 Bytes
    Downloads
    990 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 9 of 14, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

In the meantime, I managed to get a CVS mt32/munt build running. Would that have the same sound quality as installing the munt emulator?

What's the difference? CVS of munt is just the most up to date code for the emulator... Or do you mean you have a CVS of Dosbox with munt integrated running?

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 10 of 14, by ih8registrations

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

MT-32 emulation is cpu intensive and dosbox isn't threaded, so using munt is better for multi-core/cpu since it will take advantage of more than one core/cpu from being a separate process.

Reply 12 of 14, by plutonick

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, I can confirm that munt installation is way better instead of dosbox munt mt-32 cvs builds.

For instance in Rise of the dragon
Munt emulation instalation = I could hear both music and various sounds [such as clicking on the computer]
Dosbox cvs munt enabled = I could only hear the music. Also, the game seemed a bit slower but it could have been my idea.