VOGONS

First post, by Mr_Blastman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Does anyone know how to do this? What I'm trying to do is run my mt-32 through things such as cakewalk and dump the sysex banks to cakewalk. I know you can do this--as I'm interested in experimenting with creating my own instruments.

The problem is, I don't know how, as I believe you have to manually tell the MT-32 to send data and I do not know what button combination that is. The other possibility is midi-out is not working on it, but, I do not know how to test this.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Reply 1 of 1, by Mr_Blastman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Nevermind, I figured it out! 😀

I had to figure out what my MT-32's unit number it was set to. Apparently, in Cakewalk and other apps I was trying to download from Unit #1, whereas my MT-32 was set to a completely different Unit Number--number 17 to be exact.

How did I figure this out?

Well, when I was reading through the manual I noticed that if you hold down the Master Volume Button and then, while holding it, press the Sound button, the MT-32 will then show what Unit Number it is set to. 😉

You can use the dial at that point, if you wish, to change this number. It really isn't recommended to do this, as most midi applications will let you pick the unit number to download from.

Anyways, once I figured this out, I was able to dump straight to Cakewalk.