First post, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This is NOT my auction 😀

But if you're after a CM-32L, here is one:

http://www.ebay.at/itm/roland-cm32l-sound-mod … #ht_2714wt_1270

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 1 of 8, by rug

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Bloody Norah! It's almost €150!!! Rather steep... 🙁 🙁 🙁

Cheers,
Rita Graça.

My DOS machine: MS-DOS 6.22, Pentium MMX 200MHz, 64MB RAM, AWE64 Gold, 4GB HD, Philips 19" CRT, 3"1/2 Floppy, CDROM, Parallel ZIP, ThrustMaster FLCS+TQL+Elite.

Reply 2 of 8, by rug

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ebay's utter rubbish! It hyper-inflates the prices...

Cheers,
Rita Graça.

My DOS machine: MS-DOS 6.22, Pentium MMX 200MHz, 64MB RAM, AWE64 Gold, 4GB HD, Philips 19" CRT, 3"1/2 Floppy, CDROM, Parallel ZIP, ThrustMaster FLCS+TQL+Elite.

Reply 3 of 8, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
rug wrote:

Ebay's utter rubbish! It hyper-inflates the prices...

When was the last time you saw one complete in box? That makes all the difference to a collector/investor as opposed to someone who intends to actually use it. If you're buying it to use, a loose one will almost always be a better deal.

Reply 5 of 8, by wocko1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had a hard time trying to get my own CM-32L. Those things are extremely RARE and HARD TO FIND! I pretty much pulled the trigger after one popped up, and I did pay about 150 AUD for mine from a ebay seller from Japan. It arrived fine, although with a few scuffs and an ugly yellow colour, but it works just like a new one!

Reply 6 of 8, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

They won't get any cheaper, so just buy one when one shows up.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 7 of 8, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some prices on ebay I consider inadequately high, but not concerning rare items like CM-32L or LAPC-I. Listen to Mau1wurf1977, and don't hope the prices would go down - they won't.

Last three months I haven't seen any CM32L on sale, and saw only one CM32LN, it was sold last week.

Reply 8 of 8, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

With the external synth modules Ebay is pretty high priced. I would recommend looking locally and on local auction sites. You're much more likely to get a good deal there.

Another option is to buy one from Japan where prices are much lower and use a carrier service to buy and ship it for you (I use noppin.com which charge 500yen minimum for buying & paying the product for you and shipping it for you). I got my CM500 for around 70 dollars + shipping in Japan.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes