VOGONS

First post, by marooned_on_mars

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This might be a silly question on my part, but is there any archive or collection of MT-32 compositions? Like midi with SysEx files. I'm not particularly looking for games (I know QuestStudios had quite a few songs in their archives), but more rather general compositions done by people.
I've tried to look around for one but I haven't found anything as of yet and I haven't found any, so feel free to post if you know anything.

Reply 1 of 1, by marooned_on_mars

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Not exactly.
Take this example: consoles were primarly meant to be played and have games available for them. But with emlation being available and composition tools popping up, people began composing their own stuff (like the SID scene, tracker music which is a thing sprung off from the Amiga, or the custom .gbs compositions) that's outside any game.
Or GeneralMIDI, which was made to be an aid to game devs to create standardized music so they could have their music played on a wide variety of games, and that made people able to compose their own stuff.

That's what I'd be looking for on the MT-32. But I guess there isn't anything of the sort.