VOGONS

MT-32 Emulator and DOSBox Problems

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 41 of 48, by 459

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The latest SDL seems to be 1.2.7, don't know how using it would affect into programs working as it still whines of those Visual C++ runtimes.

I'd like someone to put up a site that has ALL the files and that they are verified to work with latest edition of this software.

Reply 45 of 48, by 459

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I think I mean both of those MSVCP70.DLL and MSVCR70.DLL files as all other files.

Do you really think that everyone has access to Win98 SE in order to obtain one of those DLL's? And are you sure that your DLL was taken from clean installation of Win98 SE where that file has certainly never been overwritten?

I'm trying to say that the easiest solution is to put all the required files in one place for d/l to avoid these problems. Of course the files are verified to work with the emulator... What makes it so problematic? I understand if you don't want to use webspace for that purprose but, well, how about e-mail file attachment? I have the webspace available so I can put them downloadable and everyone should be happy afterwards.

Reply 47 of 48, by 459

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well... I've tried those MSVCP/R70. DLL files from www.dll-files.com or whatever and from some sites indicated in Yahoo search. "The application didn't initialize properly 0xc0000005" comes EACH TIME and the program doesn't work.

The following could be considered whining but think about it: How can it be that it's SO F*****G IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU to give EXACT address for WORKING files especially if you have gotten the app to work?!

If you ask the same from me: There are many versions of that file available for download so it'd be much easier for someone to just put proper files that WORK with the app to one place THAN to make everyone individually search for them.

(My apologies from my harsh language, here in Finland some people like to shout to incapable people.)

Reply 48 of 48, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Dean,

Please upload the files if that is possible (copyright wise) else state on your homepage some more info on the needed dlls (maybe compile it with msys so you don't have the msv*.dll or ask someone with msys(those people aren't that hard to find) to compile it for you

This thread is going out of control.
*closing*

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!