VOGONS

First post, by ElectricMonk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I installed the latest MUNT driver, but I've no clue where to cpoy the MT-32/CM-32L ROM patches to. Any thoughts?

Reply 1 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

There should be some documentation with the drivers...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 6, by ElectricMonk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dominus wrote:

There should be some documentation with the drivers...

I ended up watching a Youtube Video. Turned out I dumped them at the root of the folder. There wasn't any documentation telling me if it need to go in /bin, /install, or whichever, so I took a chance and just dumped them there. turned out to be the right spot! 😜

Reply 5 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

There is always a root 😉
Anyway depends on what you use on the mac. If you use the QT Mt32 emu then you decide in the GUI where the roms are. If you use anything else you should say so 😉

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 6 of 6, by skitters

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The Mac is an iMac with Snow Leopard (OS 10.6.😎.
I put the ROM's in /Users/username/roms (which was the default location suggested by MUNT).
I've been testing with MUNT's built-in midi player.

I think the midi files for LucasArts games that I downloaded from Mixnmojo may not be MT32-compatible.
I seem to be having better luck with midi files from Quest Studios that specifically say they are for MT32.