VOGONS

First post, by Rod83

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just bought an MT 32 advertised with a broken volume knob. With a bit of testing I'm pretty sure the pot just needs replacing. The wiper seems to be making intermittent contact so the volume floats around unless you push the knob in and hold it.

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can find a suitable replacement. It's a 50kb but my local electronics store doesn't stock the same mounting style.

Love the forum by the way. So far it's inspired me to buy an SC 50 as well as the MT 32. And an Edirol UA 25 to hook them up to my computer. I think my next step is to build a proper retro computer instead of using Dosbox.

Reply 1 of 4, by Synoptic

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Try digikey or Mouser

Rod83 wrote:

Just bought an MT 32 advertised with a broken volume knob. With a bit of testing I'm pretty sure the pot just needs replacing. The wiper seems to be making intermittent contact so the volume floats around unless you push the knob in and hold it.

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can find a suitable replacement. It's a 50kb but my local electronics store doesn't stock the same mounting style.

Love the forum by the way. So far it's inspired me to buy an SC 50 as well as the MT 32. And an Edirol UA 25 to hook them up to my computer. I think my next step is to build a proper retro computer instead of using Dosbox.