VOGONS

First post, by ThunderPeel2001

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here. I install and run Munt 1.5.0 on my clean install of Windows 10. I connect the path to the ROMs, everything appears to be fine.

WnG53AV.png

I run DOSBOX 0.74 and type mixer /listmidi and all I see is "0 Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth", no mention of Munt.

Ls3Rc1V.png

I've previously configured it and even used it, so I don't understand what's happening. I've tried running both as Admin and nothing changes... DOSBOX just won't see Munt anymore.

What can I do? 🙁

Thanks for any help!

Reply 3 of 11, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ThunderPeel2001 wrote:

That did it! No idea what went wrong. Thanks!

😀 I had this issue a few times too.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 4 of 11, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Could 10 be doing the thing of wdmaud.drv having enough duplicate entries to take all of the midi devices in the Registry? What midi entries are in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 5 of 11, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've had this issue on previous versions too. It would sometimes just "drop" the device from the list. It wasn't very often, so it didn't bother me enough to investigate it properly.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 6 of 11, by sergm

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

collector, we'd better start debugging when it didn't work.

ThunderPeel2001, did the installer throw an error message when you tried it first time? Did it show a message box "MT32Emu MIDI Driver successfully installed" before?

Despite it may be a bug that still exists, note however, this way of installation is a pure hack, undocumented, etc.

Reply 7 of 11, by Dagar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just had the issue again of the Munt MT32 driver gone missing (it's happened on a few occasions before).
Recently Windows 10 update forced an Nvidia graphics driver update to version 376.53 (I was using an older version) with only the graphics driver and the PhysX software.
The update force installed the Nvidia graphics driver 376.53, Nvidia 3D Vision driver, and Nvidia HD Audio driver.
Later, while using DOSBox I noticed the " MT-32 Synth Emulator " was missing from the Midi Device options. A simple re-install of Munt fixes the problem.
Not sure a graphics driver update complete with the audio driver would cause this? , however I thought it was worth mentioning. Will keep an eye on it in the future.

Reply 8 of 11, by sergm

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, that's really getting worse... Though, mt32emu driver survived on my PC, I lost MIDI yoke 🙁
As a quick workaround, I keep dumped the registry folder [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32], so restoring my favourite drivers isn't a big deal. But still...

Reply 9 of 11, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Happens in my Win10 too. Usually, I just re-install MUNT. Happens once in a while, but never too often until it's annoying. I wonder if Windows update is causing problems or other auto-update programs doing it. And Geforce driver updates might have something to do with it too.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers