VOGONS

First post, by Staticblast

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I set my MT-32 to a rather low volume, since it balances better with digital audio that way. However, some games (like Dune 2) initialise the volume to 90, forcing me to go and manually tweak the dial a bit to get back to my preset volume. Is this just the way their SysEx is written, or am I overlooking a setting somewhere that can prevent this behaviour?

4-in-1 build (thanks Phil!): AMD K6-III+ 450 / SOYO 5EMA+ / 128MB SDRAM / 80GB Seagate HDD / Voodoo 3 3000 / Orchid Righteous 3D / Sound Blaster CT2960 / MPU-401 PCMIDI Clone / HxC Floppy Emulator / 15" CRT monitor

Reply 1 of 4, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yea many games set the volume when you launch the game.

I use an external mixer to mix Sound Blaster, CD audio and Roland, because every game has a different balance.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 2 of 4, by Staticblast

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Pity there isn't a way to intercept specific SysEx messages. Ah, well. Guess I'll just have to stand ready to tweak that dial.

4-in-1 build (thanks Phil!): AMD K6-III+ 450 / SOYO 5EMA+ / 128MB SDRAM / 80GB Seagate HDD / Voodoo 3 3000 / Orchid Righteous 3D / Sound Blaster CT2960 / MPU-401 PCMIDI Clone / HxC Floppy Emulator / 15" CRT monitor

Reply 3 of 4, by TheDosPlace

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

I use an external mixer to mix Sound Blaster, CD audio and Roland, because every game has a different balance.

Hi Phil,

How do you connect your CD audio to the mixer? Do you have a line-out socket?

^Dave from TheDosPlace
http://www.facebook.com/TheDosPlace

Reply 4 of 4, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
TheDosPlace wrote:
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

Hi Phil,

How do you connect your CD audio to the mixer? Do you have a line-out socket?

Yes, I made one myself out of a slot cover. You can also use an older optical drive with a headphone port at the front 😀

YouTube, Facebook, Website