VOGONS

First post, by Danfun64

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

AFAIK, Munt is very close to completing its MT-32 and CM-32L emulation. Regardless of whether you do the CM-32P and CM-64 afterwards, do you have plans to eventually emulate the SC-55 and its derivatives (SC-55 mkii, SC-88, SC-88Pro)? There has never been a completely accurate way to play SC-55 music on software. Soundfonts aren't 100% accurate, because SC-55 uses synthesis as well as patches. Not to mention the existence of the CM-500, which allows both GM/GS and LA synthesis.

I doubt it will happen soon for either legal reasons or other reasons, but I'm wondering if you guys have that kind of thing planned.

Reply 1 of 7, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What ever happened to Roland's Virtual Sound Canvas? Used to be not very good. I think there may be a VST version.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 2 of 7, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes Roland released one recently. There is an existing thread. It's not perfect but as close as it currently gets 😀

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 4 of 7, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Danfun64 wrote:

Has anybody attempted to convert the new vst to sf2 and pat? Each for its different presets of course (sc-55, sc-88 etc)

Not sure that we would be in a better situation that way. Soundfont clones of the SC-55 already exist, some available on this forum.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 6 of 7, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

SC-55 preset is a pretty good soundfont for being unencumbered. So many of the other ones are so dubiously legal.

I'm pretty grateful to sergm for giving us Munt, and I think he could do an awesome job creating an SC-55 soft synth. Doing so would be a pretty big favor, and I wouldn't want to pressure or urge him to take it on.

Has anyone approached the FluidSynth developers about making an SC-55 mode?

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder