VOGONS

First post, by skid

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Canadacow,

I am interested in the changes you have made to DOSBox to incorporate the MT32 emulation. I'd like to apply the emulation to the latest DOSBox CVS version. I've downloaded the combined source on your website but cannot determine the MT32 changes you have made. Is it possible for you to upload a diff file containing just the MT32 changes?

Reply 1 of 4, by Ictoagh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There are a ton of differences between the MT32 dosbox and the "official" dosbox. It should be self-evident what code is needed for MT32 emulation. Try any diff application out there to get a good view of what the differences are.

Reply 2 of 4, by skid

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes, but the difficulty is that I don't have a base version of DOSBox to compare it to. When I ran a "cvs diff", unexpected changes were being flagged (eg. the vga code). At this stage, I guess I'll start from the three new files, PartialMT32.h, CSynthMT32.cpp and CPartialMT32.cpp, check what calls them and work back from there.

Reply 3 of 4, by Srecko

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You should compile those files that aren't in CVS (15 of them) and
modify midi.cpp (or use one from mt32 dosbox version). Files are: .hpp/.cpp files from freeverb directory, tuning.h, SynthMT32.h, PartialMT32.h, MT32Structures.h, midi_mt32.h, mathutil.h, denormals.h, CSynthMT32.cpp and CPartialMT32.cpp

Reply 4 of 4, by skid

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks, that saved me a lot of time.

Now I'm getting the same c2666 error that you received in this thread Building DOSBOX/Question about driver emu under VS.NET 2003. Did you resolve the error?

Edit:
To get it to compile, I've casted all of the pow calls so that it uses pow(float, float). I hope this is correct.