VOGONS

First post, by basis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all,
Has anyone successfully gotten mt-32 emulation working on iOS dospad (and would care to share how)?

I have successfully compiled and have running the latest version of dospad (dosbox for iOS) via Xcode 8 for my iPad Pro from :https://github.com/litchie/dospad

There are a few forum topics talking about mt-32 emulation in this codebase, but nothing that I can find on how to use if it's working. I'm not a developer, but know enough to be dangerous. It seems like MUNT would need to be in the codebase somehow. I was able to get MUNT working on a Windows computer with dosbox fairly easy as there are a lot of guides to assist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (this would be dosbox nirvana for me).

Thanks again!

Reply 1 of 3, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

It would need to be built in munt but Litchie has not added it to the codebase. So no, nothing you can do except hook up a real mt32 to your ios device and hope he added the necessary coremidi stuff but I don't know about that (and defeats the purpose of mobile gaming).

AND that version of DOSBox is not supported here.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 3, by basis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the information - that's what I was afraid of. Does anyone know how much effort that is or if it's ever likely to happen?

It would be nice to get the code updated as well as an updated target for later iOS platforms beyond 6. If iOS 11 breaks all 32 bit compatibility it won't work at all. It would also be nice to get side by side working on it so that you could open documentation at the same time.

Guess I'll have to dust of my college c++ books...

Reply 3 of 3, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

In theory it should be pretty straight forward. There is a patch by the munt developers to integrate munt in Dosbox. Apply that, fix patch errors, add the new source and header files to the xcode project file and see what happens 😉

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper