VOGONS

Dosbox & windows driver problem

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 44, by canadacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah... for the Windows 3.11 support, I have NE2000 emulation that grants TCP/IP capabilities to DosBox. Sorry... I'm going to re-release a kindler, friendlier version here in a moment. Its also worth mentioning that I found I had only enabled the serial mouse emulation and had disabled the PS/2 mouse emulation. Sorry... I'll update shortly. If only I had more time to work on this stuff. Any takers?

Reply 21 of 44, by teamster1975

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

OT I know the feeling Dean, myself having a 5 month old baby leaves me with little time for anything! I've got a wife with post natal depression and a son who's teething and I feel quite insane sometimes! Luckily I've got good friends to listen and plenty of king size rizla 😁

Reply 22 of 44, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

1. Mortal Kombat 1 still crushes dosbox (I start the game, press F10 to enter setup screen, choose Roland, save&exit, crush)

2. ipx=true crushes dosbox at start (i use sdl_net.dll from the previous dosboxmt32)

by the way - Using Sound Blaster and MT-32 simultaneously is possible only if the game allows it (you can set it in game's setup for example). And in most cases games allow it.

Reply 23 of 44, by Karpo_007

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

As for getting both the sound blaster and MT-32 playing simultaneously, if I remember correctly, such a task was nearly impossible with the real hardware too!

No it isn't impossible, most people I have talked to who have MT32 have told me they use both. It involed changing some jumpers of the soundblaster to change the IRQ of the mid playback, or something like that. People at http://www.queststudios.com can surely tell excatly how to do it.

But if it's too hard to get working with the emulator, thats a pity but understandable. Well I guess I should just save money and buy the real thing.

Reply 24 of 44, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Karpo_007: if canadacow added his mt-32 patch to dosbox 0.61 everything would be ok. But he added it to unsupported dosboxcvs which had many features removed and that is why sound blaster was rarely working there. Right now mt-32 patch was added to dosboxcvs too, but this cvs differs a lot. Everything should work ok now. Or at least a lot more.

Reply 26 of 44, by canadacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok.... here's an unpdated version. This one has less extraneous baggage and might work better. As for MK crashing... it seems that DosBox does this even without the MT-32 emulation. Debugging it just shows infinite recursion in NTDLL.DLL.

Attachments

• Filename
    dosbox.exe
    File size
    624 KiB
    Downloads
    386 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 29 of 44, by Karpo_007

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nope, no change in the soundblaster issue. Soundblaster doesn't work in Lemmings 2, Indiana Jones - Fate of the Atlantis nor Monkey Island 2. It is a shame, neither Scummvm's or regular DosBox's midi music comes near the quality of this MT32 emu, but you can't have it all can you. Guess I just have to use Scummvm for now, and maybe try look into getting a real MT32.

Reply 30 of 44, by canadacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok.. fixed the Mortal Kombat crash issue. Was a misplaced unsigned int when it should have been a signed int for comparision. Anyway.. still working on the Sound Blaster issue. Its weird. Sometimes it works fine with the Roland and other times it doesn't. I'll figure it out soon enough anyway.

Attachments

• Filename
    dosbox.exe
    File size
    624 KiB
    Downloads
    366 downloads
    File license

Reply 32 of 44, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You have to spcecify a card in indiana jones 4 and in monkey island 2 (i think in every old lucasarts adventure)
atlantis s
altantis a
atlantis r
If you don't it will be randomly chosen from what is possible.
You can also type:
atlantis h
to get all the commands

Reply 33 of 44, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

the problem with monkey island 2 with sound blaster
(monkey2 s)
that it plays for a while and then there is a silence, playes, silence... was solved in most recent dosboxcvs. (it was a problem with many games)

Reply 34 of 44, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you talk about cd version of indiana jones... so sound blaster got broken in dosboxcvs 7 march 2004 when new soundblaster settings were introduced to dosbox and sound blaster doesn't work since that time with indiana cd version.

Reply 35 of 44, by Karpo_007

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Canadacow, thanks for looking into the problem. Soundblaster also seems to work fine with Gabriel Knight.

Robertmo, Yeah I'm talking about the cd version of Atlantis. With regular dosbox 0.61, both midi and soundblaster work for me, the problem only occurs with the MT32 versions.

Reply 36 of 44, by sleepy_k

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Canadacow, thanks for fixing the bug I posted (the one that started the thread).
I'm not sure if you're interested in any more, but I found another small bug. I moved on from QFG2 to QFG3 (I have a sad life, I know 😀 ), and when you go into the inn in Tarna, some of the notes hang until the tune changes.
Also, I can't get the my PS/2 mouse to work with the version that fixes th MK crash, only with the previous one.

BTW: it seems to me the SBlaster/MT-32 combination works fine in QFG3.

Thanks man.

Reply 37 of 44, by canadacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Doh.. silly serial mouse vs. PS/2 mouse. This version only fixes this problem. I'll see what I can do to fix the QFG3 here pretty soon.

Attachments

• Filename
    dosbox.exe
    File size
    3.24 MiB
    Downloads
    1171 downloads
    File license

Reply 39 of 44, by Tristan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Could you possibly upload the latest version of the source code since the last version I have is from March 27th. I found a nasty bug that was affecting the linux version when playing segments using lots of partials and am ready put up an update. But I would like to incorporate the most recent changes while I am at it.

Thanks