VOGONS

First post, by Dhall

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings,

(I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread it's been years I last visited you guys.)

After all these years I forgot the name of a MIDI emulator program I used in Windows XP. I kindly ask you to help me find it.

After installing:

- I could select it as a midi device in control panel / sound
- it had a modular design as in I had to download different samples (???) like Gravis Ultrasound, Sound Blaster 32 etc.
- after setting it as default windows midi device and selecting a card if I started up dosbox (or any other program using midi) I would hear the midi of the selected card

I don't know if this program exists for win 7 but I would like to find it anyways. I appreciate any help or hint you can give me.

EDIT: I think it was some kind of virtual midi player similar to VirtualSynth and I had to load soundfonts?

Last edited by Dhall on 2018-07-03, 08:40. Edited 1 time in total.

However..I'm worried about the beaver competition.

Reply 1 of 2, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well, I can recommend FalcoSoftMIDIPlayer (FSMP) as it's been developed for classic gamers, and the developer frequently converses with Vogons users, often adding useful features by request.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 2 of 2, by Dhall

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you very much! I went to the site and I found the program I was looking for. It was BASSMIDI!

https://kode54.net/bassmididrv/

Thank you again!

However..I'm worried about the beaver competition.